Why become a member? ×

Empty gigbag syndrome

ras52

[quote name='ras52' timestamp='1430137584' post='2758248']
I've just sold a bass to a fellow BC-er, and am now walking around with an empty gig bag over my shoulder.
[/quote]

To avoid this, you should have included the gig bag in the sale. :P

Take it home and leave it lying around. I have quite a collection of hard cases and gig bags lurking throughout the house, to fool the current mrs discreet and keep her confused. Some of 'em [i]may [/i]have basses in and some of them may not. One or two may have basses in that she hasn't even seen...

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1430138180' post='2758256']
Take it home and leave it lying around. I have quite a collection of hard cases and gig bags lurking throughout the house, to fool the current mrs discreet and keep her confused. Some of 'em [i]may [/i]have basses in and some of them may not. One or two may have basses in that she hasn't even seen...
[/quote]

Planning on doing this, for when I start getting stuff that's a bit higher in the range... My mum notices a new one, but I've started on P-basses in Red/White. My dad knows my bass collection inside out now so I can't use any of the newer ones for gigs however (He's got a habit of coming a long to everyone to support his top son)

Edited by Fisheth

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1430138561' post='2758266']

Planning on doing this, for when I start getting stuff that's a bit higher in the range... My mum notices a new one, but I've started on P-basses in Red/White. My dad knows my bass collection inside out now so I can't use any of the newer ones for gigs however (He's got a habit of coming a long to everyone to support his top son)
[/quote]

I had to leave a bass in the shed for 18 months to hide it from Mrs Cameltoe. Never suspected a thing!

Looks like I may have a new bass on the way again now, so currently making a bass-shaped hole in my shed again....

[quote name='Coilte' timestamp='1430137979' post='2758253']To avoid this, you should have included the gig bag in the sale. :P
[/quote]

Not while (numBasses) > (numCases)!

Anyway guys, it was a cry for help: I needed your support to help me get home without buying another bass (so far I've made it back to the office), and all I'm getting is suggestions on how to deviously acquire more of the blighters! :lol:

[quote name='Fettsman' timestamp='1430137714' post='2758249']
The way they go limp doesn't help either.
[/quote]
One of mine currently has a machine gun in it (no panic, its deactivated for a forthcoming exhibition!). Hope Mrs P does not find it - weighs about the same a three Ps. (the bass not the OH!)
Alway reassuring to the rest of the household to have empty gig bags or wall hangers, shows you are not exceeding the limit.

[quote name='pfretrock' timestamp='1430140432' post='2758304']
One of mine currently has a machine gun in it
[/quote]

"ANOTHER bass?!"
"Don't worry, it's only a machine gun..."

Which reminds me of the old joke: It's prohibition-era Chicago, and a guy walks into a bar carrying a violin case. Everyone's scared, they think there's a gun inside it. Later on a guy walks in carrying a viola case. Everyone's scared.... they think there's a viola inside it. :P

I agree with discreet; keep it empty, buy more empty cases, slowly fill the cases. No one will ever know unless you ever need to raise cash then make the noble sacrifice with a secret bass later down then line & look like a hero.

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1430138561' post='2758266']He's got a habit of coming a long to everyone to support his top son[/quote]

I used to do that for my lad's band, until after one gig I went into the "dressing room" :rolleyes: to find his band with a case of Bud and more than one girl each. Daddy wasn't needed no more.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1430138180' post='2758256']
[/quote]

......And the award for best post of the year goes to :D :D :D