Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

FS/FT: Sei 5 String Jazz CAR with red LEDs. Now sold
£1500

Skinnyman

Now reduced to £1300

I bought this bass from the Bass Gallery towards the end of last year and, gorgeous as it is, I just don't get on with 5 strings.

I also need to release some cash so I'm going to take a massive hit on this and put it up for sale for a lot less than I paid.

I guess I don't need to say much about the quality of Sei basses or the list price of these beauties so here's the gen on this one;

Candy Apple Red "Super J" 5 string bass.

It has red LED fret markers (side and front of the fingerboard), ebony (I assume) fingerboard and gold (coloured!) hardware.

Has gold Schaller strap locks fitted.

Basslines pickups with not-sure-who's preamp (switchable between active and passsive).

Weight on the scales comes up at exactly 10lbs so while it's not anorexic, it's not made of pig iron - certainly it's balanced well and I find it perfectly comfortable.

Condition is excellent and the colour is stunning in the flesh. I've never gigged it - just played it at home trying to get used to the extra string (and failing).

Comes with Hiscox fitted hard case which is in good condition (a couple of scuffs here and there but the red velvet interior is pristine and all the locks and hinges work).

When I bought it, Martin gave it a full set up and, at my request, put on flats (I can't now remember what brand they were but they were what Martin recommended for the bass). I love the sound and feel of them and the bass plays beautifully. The range of tones that are available is incredible and if it weren't for the fact that I just can't get used to five strings (and need cash!), this would be a keeper.

Flaws? In the interest of full disclosure, there are two small holes drilled into the pickguard (see pics) where, I assume, someone fitted a pickup cover. And on the back around the battery cover, there's some discolouring of the paint (again, see pics). It looks in the photos as if the lacquer is lifting but in the flesh it doesn't feel like that - from some angles you can't see it so it seems to be that the reflective quality of the paint is different there, as if it's been touched up. Whatever, the finish is flawless to the touch - I didn't notice this when I bought it and only spotted it when I was taking the pictures so it looks worse in the photos than in real life.

It's a tragedy to leave a bass this beautiful in it's (Hiscox) flight case and, as I say, I need to release some funds so I'm putting it up for sale.

I won't post or courier - however I'm near Watford, just off the M25 and you're welcome to come round and give it a good check over and try-out - in fact, I'd prefer that. Alternatively, I'm happy to meet within a reasonable distance - please drop me a message and we can sort something out.

Any questions, please ask!

UPDATE: although I'd prefer a straight sale, I might consider trades, particularly lightweight cabs such as Berg or Barefaced

[attachment=190421:SAM_0029.JPG][attachment=190422:SAM_0034.JPG][attachment=190423:SAM_0030.JPG][attachment=190424:SAM_0031.JPG][attachment=190426:SAM_0035.JPG][attachment=190427:SAM_0036.JPG][attachment=190428:SAM_0033.JPG][attachment=190429:SAM_0032.JPG]

Edited by Skinnyman