Why become a member? ×

Where have all the 'good' posters gone..?

JTUK

I like OT and spend time in there, so I don't have a problem with the vast majority of spats there may or may not be.
And why limit it to OT as a potential source of trouble... a poster you don't get on with is going to be the same everywhere
so you'll fall out with them at some point anyway. It isn't one post as such that would make you block them, IMO.
I'll tend to wait 24 hrs or so to see if I still fell the same way but having the last word isn't that important anyway...you'll waste so much time and energy if you insist on doing that for long... and frankly you should have better things to do..

As it happens I clashed with Nigel more than most but I did quite like his heart on sleeve type thing so I still responded to his posts...

I'd like to share every warning and every infraction by every member but unfortunately this forum isn't a democracy - it's a website which is privately owned and we don't discuss bannings or the reasons for them because we'd be here all day debating the ins and outs of it. We have better things to do. There's no conspiracy here - but a list of seven warnings in total (out of a maximum of five) and an eventual banning.

What started out as an interesting thread has taken a turn into undermining decisions made which aren't open for discussion.

If you want to hear Wayne's side of things I believe there's a ranty thread on Facebook somewhere. Get stuck in.

To everyone else - thanks for using the forum.

ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1427232540' post='2727788']
Please note - any more discussion regarding bans and our apparent lack of evidence/unfair treatment won't be tolerated as the decisions made by the mod team aren't up for discussion.
[/quote]

Cor, it's great when someone with conviction turns up in a thread.

No wishy washing hand wringing, just "this is how it is... it's my website, I make the rules"

Spine-tingling.

Edited by Toasted

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1427232639' post='2727792']
Cor, it's great when someone with conviction turns up in a thread.

No wishy washing hand wringing, just "this is how it is... it's my website, I make the rules"

Spine-tingling.
[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it.

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1427232639' post='2727792']No wishy washing hand wringing, just "this is how it is... it's my website, I make the rules"

Spine-tingling.
[/quote]

Yup - I think a common mistake being made here is attaching gravity to the guys who own the place.

They're not the Dalai Lama, Ghandi & Steven Hawking. They're three (??) ordinary blokes who've set up a site which may or may not be moving into a commercial venture. They're every bit as liable if not more so to be wrong but lack the nads to admit it in public, have bad moods or pressures that they take out on the nearest weak link, take an irrational dislike to a person or dictate their terms on the "it's my ball" basis.
It's their party, cry if you want to, apparently there's a fair amount of outstanding (that's to say overdue - not literary classics) PMs in the pipeline from certain absentees, which may or may not - ever - clarify the situation to the masses.

Edited by Big_Stu

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1427232374' post='2727781']
I'd like to share every warning and every infraction by every member but unfortunately this forum isn't a democracy - it's a website which is privately owned and we don't discuss bannings or the reasons for them because we'd be here all day debating the ins and outs of it. We have better things to do. There's no conspiracy here - but a list of seven warnings in total (out of a maximum of five) and an eventual banning.

What started out as an interesting thread has taken a turn into undermining decisions made which aren't open for discussion.

If you want to hear Wayne's side of things I believe there's a ranty thread on Facebook somewhere. Get stuck in.

To everyone else - thanks for using the forum.

ped
[/quote]

I was with BC on the whole issue until this post.

I kinda know what you meant but rising above it would have been a better option.

I know, Rob - but, as Stu calls it, we're only human.

I'm about to prove so myself. I'll either have called this right, or I'll be a total fascist - but, in the spirit of being human, it's my mistake to make. I'm going to give us a little break from this one, let people catch up on the existing posts, and maybe come back to it later - when I find my nads, that is :)

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1427236393' post='2727860']

I was with BC on the whole issue until this post.

I kinda know what you meant but rising above it would have been a better option.
[/quote]

Sorry, I know what you mean. I could probably have left it alone... Guess it's been one of those evenings.

We've learned a lot through this issue and we don't take it lightly. If I appear flippant believe me it's not the case in real life.