Why become a member? ×

Great service from GAK in Brighton

GRAHAM SG1

GAK are local for me, and I have bought several things in the shop. They are always helpful, offer good prices and once allowed me to change a bass for a different colour after id had it for at least a week.
They also have a great bass dept, with plenty of variations on display to try out.
Highly recommended if you get the chance to visit in person.
Cheers
Geoff

• 2 months later...

Well, after 17 years of gear buying I've just had my first GAK experience.

I wanted a shallow 2u rack for my Amp Head but not an ABS moulded, I looked at flightcase manufacturers and got quoted inbetween a very reasonable £72 and a frankly ridiculous £200 and something. I went to order what if fancied and after 3 days of a broken website and then hearing back from the company saying they'd fixed their website...I decided to look elsewhere.

I then spotted a Warwick rock case one on the GAK website for £42.

Full well knowing it wouldn't be as good as a handmade one, I still knew they were decent enough and for the rehearsals and gigs I do, would be ample. It was in stock last week, so held on.

Went to order 'no stock' - bugger.

I emailed them and a nice chap assured me it'd be 2-3 days to get it in stock as they were already on order.

The next day Jen (my wife bought it me as part of my birthday present) gets an email from them saying the item is on the way with FedEx.

It was theoretically delivered at 12 today, but we were out. Just been to a local FedEx depot to collect.

Because they were technically 'out of stock' when we ordered it, they didn't charge us the postage.

That's impressive, no idea how they did it.