Why become a member? ×

1977 Fender Jazz Bass - Sunburst. SALE PENDING

crookysax

[size=4]Hi guys!

First post on here (hopefully first of many posts!)

Up for sale is my 1977 Fender Jazz bass in sunburst! This bass is a real players bass! Perfect tone, feel, looks everything!

After a long and hard think over....iv decided to let this bass go, as it is basically just a ornament at the moment... a thing of beauty that sits in my room while my Musicman and fretless take the harsh workload of my giging!
This bass deserves to be played....its defo a player!

This bass also once belonged to Noel Redding. The bass comes with all receipts from noel, the last 2 people after him then to myself. There is recepts for all work carryed out (set up's ect) and there is also photos of Noel with the bass as well as a nice note he wrote to Paul the next owner when he bought the bass from him! See photo's!

Regardless of who owned this bass in the past, its defo a monster of a player! Anyone intrested in her can try her out before buying here in Glasgow...you will be sold!

Im looking for £1550 for the bass including case.

The bass in located in Glasgow, I would rather have the bass picked up, but postage/Shipping can be arranged at the buyers expense.

Please Message me for more details or questions!

Thanks, Chris![/size]

Edited by crookysax

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='273988' date='Aug 31 2008, 07:42 PM']Did this sale fall through in the end?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1977-Fender-Jazz-Bass-Owned-by-Noel-Redding_W0QQitemZ200249836248QQihZ010QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1977-Fender-Jazz-Bas...1QQcmdZViewItem[/url][/quote]

No, it didn't... I bought this bass and receive it last week but after inspecting it properly turn out not to be an all original '77 Jazz bass. A few bits had been replaced, and a few other things didn't work properly.
I was buying this bass planning to keep it and get rid of my all original '78. As it was suposed to be all original, had been owned by Noel Redding and I liked it better than mine I tought it was a good investment but, because of the price and not being all original, I decided not to buy it..
I spoke to the seller about it and he said he didn't know about the parts having been replaced and the other bits not working properly, he was kind enough and understood the situation.

I have to say that Chris was a top bloke to deal with, he sent me the bass with no payment upfront and the communication has been really good he even offered me a refund for the shipping I paid.

I'm surprise to see it on Ebay, the bass is still sitting in my bedroom he hasn't arrange collection yet.

[quote name='PauBass' post='274730' date='Sep 1 2008, 04:51 PM']No, it didn't... I bought this bass and receive it last week but after inspecting it properly turn out not to be an all original '77 Jazz bass. A few bits had been replaced, and a few other things didn't work properly.
I was buying this bass planning to keep it and get rid of my all original '78. As it was suposed to be all original, had been owned by Noel Redding and I liked it better than mine I tought it was a good investment but, because of the price and not being all original, I decided not to buy it..
I spoke to the seller about it and he said he didn't know about the parts having been replaced and the other bits not working properly, he was kind enough and understood the situation.

I have to say that Chris was a top bloke to deal with, he sent me the bass with no payment upfront and the communication has been really good he even offered me a refund for the shipping I paid.

I'm surprise to see it on Ebay, the bass is still sitting in my bedroom he hasn't arrange collection yet.[/quote]

[b]Blimey ;-)[/b]

[quote name='PauBass' post='274730' date='Sep 1 2008, 04:51 PM']No, it didn't... I bought this bass and receive it last week but after inspecting it properly turn out not to be an all original '77 Jazz bass. A few bits had been replaced, and a few other things didn't work properly.

I'm surprise to see it on Ebay, the bass is still sitting in my bedroom he hasn't arrange collection yet.[/quote]

For some reason there's no mention of it not being all original on that ebay auction...

Well I hope the guy who paid £2009 for it is as understanding :)