Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot - Mystery Cab - Help Needed Please!

BillyYeehah!

Hi - I've recently moved house, and found this Trace Elliot badged 1 x 15 bass cab in the loft of the new house. I'm hoping someone can help me identify exactly it is, as although I'm a bass player, I'm honestly not sure whether this is a part of some kind of Trace stack - or a [url="http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM8334028924"]wedge PA monitor[/url]! - As the cab, although it looks square shaped from the front is actually wedge shaped - but has mountings as if other cabs could be stacked on top of it?

The model no is "Multi - 1151", and Serial No: Y0023 - Or possible Yoo23? Have tried Googling it, but with no real results.

Don't have the space in the garage to keep it - Have tested it out with a Marshall Head, and seems to work fine, it is in reasonably good all round nick. I would really like to know what it is exactly!

Here's a link to dropbox, which I hope will help identify the culprit!

[url="https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8x719pnhhy2s1bl/AADYjOVxSnYq2TCtBmpGI9Cka?dl=0"]https://www.dropbox....tBmpGI9Cka?dl=0[/url]

Many thanks

Billy S :rolleyes:

Don't know thw model but i've seen this before. I think a friend of mine has one as part of his 2x10 + 1x15 trace stack. The tolex is in excelent condition for it's age. If you're looking to sell it i don't think you could go much higher than £100-120 considering it's condition.

Have you checked to see if the previous owner of the house has forgoten about it in the moving and may want it back?

Thanks for all your replies - Have now id'd the culprit - As Thornybank has confirmed it's a multi-purpose cab for part of front of house PA or monitoring - or poss use in stack as backline.
To the curious - That's exactly what my Missus said, and the loft is new style - stairs up to door - hence the access to heave the bugger out! - And, yes previous owner is aware he left it behind, - had no room on van, and doens't play anymore - was actually a vocalist and it was part of his bands old PA.(Only just heard back from him - would have saved alot of postings if he'd replied to me sooner!

Thanks again

Billy (not) Sheehan

I had one of these when they first come out.
The Multi-stack range.
They were introduced as a budget cab for the AH150 head, hence only having a 100 watt handling,
Other cabs in the range consisted of a 2 x 10'', 1 x 15'' & a 1 x 18'', all with a 200 watt handling, as well as the little 'Brightbox'.
They were introduced late in the series V 'era' circa '88, with the idea for use as either stage monitor or backline stack.

Edited by Bassman68