Why become a member? ×

Choosing a 115

Waddycall

[quote name='Waddycall' timestamp='1425329189' post='2706302']I'm quite tempted by the bareface compact but suspect I'd be needing another one pretty soon.
[/quote]

One BF Compact can go seriously loud (and clear). Two would be over the top in most situations. Don't judge its volume capabilities on the fact that it is a 1x15! :)

[quote name='GCYPbass' timestamp='1425336331' post='2706413']
I suggest you to check barefaced compact. They are one of the best 15s on the used market. In fact, I can sell mine for the price it cost me. Just pm me if you are interested in.
I am very happy with it but thinking on changing my setup to 2 12s instead of 15s.
[/quote]

Thanks, PM sent.

Thanks for all the advice guys. In the end I've decided to go with the rumble 115. As we had a practice lined up for this evening I'm ashamed to say I ordered it from GAK rather than buying from Mansons. I guess I'm a hypocrite! I've probably spent a fair bit there over the years anyway.

The cab arrived today and I've just come back from our band practice. So far I'm really pleased with it. It's an easy one hand lift and has great tone. It looks pretty good too. It's a big improvement. There was no drummer tonight so it wasn't really pushed. I'll be interested to see what it's like with drums. If it's not loud enough they're cheap enough for me to justify having two anyway!
The only negative is the lack of handle on the top but that's easily rectified.

Cheers,

Pete

Edited by Waddycall

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1425725007' post='2710049']
Does it have a handle at all..?

Never had a problem with GAK myself... but then Manson's have been good to me, too.
[/quote]

As sponge bob said there's a handle on each side but one on the top would be good. I've had no problems with GAK. I just don't really like trying something out in a shop and then buying on line.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update for anyone interested in these cabs.

I've had mine for a few weeks now and I'm still getting good feedback on the tone from other band members. Paired with my hartke ha3500 and ibanez sr600 I can get any tone I want. I Intend to get a second one soon as we have an outdoor gig lined up. Very pleased with it.