Why become a member? ×

Best Stevie Wonder Songs to play live?

chaypup

[quote name='chaypup' timestamp='1425335047' post='2706402']
We're playing the Stevie Version but acting out the Gillan version! :lol:
[/quote]

Reasonable compromise. Don't forget your broom and overalls and be a bit menacing if you're on bass duties. ;)

Edited by KevB

I agree with the 'so many bands have sucked the groove out of superstition' comments.

The only Stevie Wonder song I've played live was Sir Duke (annoyingly only to play it once live!) But it went down brilliantly, even before the showy offy part. Really satisfying when you dont screw it up too.

[quote name='KevB' timestamp='1425388621' post='2706756']
Reasonable compromise. Don't forget your broom and overalls and be a bit menacing if you're on bass duties. ;)
[/quote]

I only have a short scale broom and it's also quite 'modern' sounding - how can I get that 70's vibe from it?

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1425416328' post='2707171']
I have concentrated so hard on the awkward bit of Master Blaster that I have it nailed 75% of the time but now I suck at the meat and pototoes parts of the song, Lol, back to the practice room........
[/quote]

It is a tricky bugger - I've been playing it on a 5-string this week from playing on a 4 and the switch from C on the E string to Bb on the B string is tripping me up occasionally.

Ps on my new Stingray 5 too!

[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1424628938' post='2698498']
[i]I wish[/i]. SUCH a good groove! If that doesn't fill the floor then you're in a room full of people who are dead inside. You should probably run away as soon as you can.[/quote]

Thanks for that suggestion, just such a great line to play and when my bass isn't in my hands I've still got that bass line going in my head. It's been jammed in there for days now! :D

Stevie was on Letterman last night. I think this performance is insane. Every note is spot on.

Another example of one of the [i]"once in a life time"[/i] artists that emerged in the 60s.

Love the Fender Rhodes Piano.

Enjoy;

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atfXUqCC1C4"]https://www.youtube....h?v=atfXUqCC1C4[/url]

Blue

Edited by blue