Why become a member? ×

MarkBass cab

Harlequin74

Hi all

Some advice please...... I have a Fender American Deluxe as my main bass, which i play through a Markbass Little Mark III and Traveler 102P.

Sounds awesome, but lacking some headroom on larger venues or open marquees.

So, was going to add either a Markbass 12" or 15" cab, which resets the amp to 4 ohms but then you get the full 500 watt from the amp.

I am heading toward the Markbass traveler 15 but any thoughts or advice would be useful.

Thanks.

Get the same cab again - the difference it makes is quite astounding. Plus, you can still use the one cab for reheasing and small gigs, just add the second in for the bigger gigs, no need to adjust your eq, which is more than likely necessary if adding different size drivers.

The science says don`t mix different size drivers but the above is the reason why I like to keep them the same, even though I`ve had a good few 210/115 rigs which were all great. But then once you have a good sound with both cabs, it`s very difficult to replicate it with just the one.

I suppose the easiest way to describe what I mean is, if you like your current sound, think how pleased you`ll be when you`ve doubled it. Plus, stacked vertically in the bigger gigs you`ll be able to hear yourself so much better as well.

I find this gives me options and takes up minimal space. Sounds pretty good as well (to me)

EDIT. Ooops, posting at same time as Gary and Lozz

[URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/DSCF0705_zpsb266c01d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/DSCF0705_zpsb266c01d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1424518788' post='2697188']
The best sounding Markbass 210 I've heard is the Standard 102HF.

It's larger but produces a bigger (and IMO better) tone as a result.

And 2 of them can fill any room.
[/quote]

Should have said earlier, these are the cabs I have. :)