Why become a member? ×

Harley Benton JB-75

dezb1

Greetings

New to the forum and to playing bass (been a guitarist for many many years), so this is my first post. Wish I'd taken up the bass years ago as I'm loving it.

My newish HB Jazz bass:

Been going badada badada like a fury

And with bass being my new obsession I've used 4 €10 vouchers Thomann gave me for reviewing stuff and now have a PB-20 on the way for the princely sum of €58 delivered to my door... Steal.

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1424537767' post='2697470']
Two excellent choices there dezb1.

The fact that I happen to have those basses has no effect on saying you have excellent taste :)
[/quote]

Just got tracking info for my new PB-20 6.22kg that's nearly a stone in old money... Is that an average weight for a bass? the JB-75 was 5kg, for some reason I thought the P bass would be lighter.

[quote name='dezb1' timestamp='1424635793' post='2698628']
Just got tracking info for my new PB-20 6.22kg that's nearly a stone in old money... Is that an average weight for a bass? the JB-75 was 5kg, for some reason I thought the P bass would be lighter.
[/quote]

That will be with the packaging (I hope!). I'd guess the P will be about the same weight as the J. 5kg is maybe a touch above average? It's not unusual.

Edited by alyctes

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1424645899' post='2698809']

That will be with the packaging (I hope!). I'd guess the P will be about the same weight as the J. 5kg is maybe a touch above average? It's not unusual.
[/quote]

In that case the J bass was 5kg including the packing... As said above double boxed + bubble wrap. Just need to man up as I'm a bass player now not some lightweight guitarist.

My new P bass on the bench awaiting it's setup, got a new black/red tort guard on order to get that Geezer Butler vibe...

[IMG]http://bestnetworx.com/uploader/files/138/WP_20150225_16_02_05_Pro.jpg[/IMG]

Don't know where they got the 6.22kg packaging weight from was nowhere near that heavy, and the bass is substantially lighter than my JB-75...