Why become a member? ×

Flea bass no more

fleamail

[quote name='ped' post='271149' date='Aug 27 2008, 04:31 PM']I have a video of the recording of the album and I am 99% certain he is playing an SR5 in that song but I will watch later and confirm!

Cheers
ped[/quote]

That too would also make sense :)

do you really blame flea for all this confusion, though? how many of you stick to using one bass for a whole album? and can you all remember exactly which basses you used? my band have only recorded about five songs and i can't remember what i used for which... i could probs tell you if i listened, but i cant remember from the top of my head.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='271184' date='Aug 27 2008, 05:21 PM']yeah we already know that :) it was soul to squeeze we were stuck on[/quote]

Yeah I meant the BSSM sessions. You dont see him playing on S2S on the DVD.

Sounds like the Wal to me.

Edited by jmesa

[quote name='E_MaN' post='270260' date='Aug 26 2008, 02:00 PM']Flea never played a MM on record apart from when using a 5....I think for BSSM he used a Spector?[/quote]He used a WAL mainly on 'BSSM'. He used a Stingray 4 on 'AEROPLANE' (according to interview Bass player mag 96) and an Alembic Epic on rest of 'One Hot Minute'.Also a Stingray 4 & a Spector was used on 'Mothers Milk'.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='271445' date='Aug 28 2008, 12:02 AM']I have said it before and I 'll say it again - who f***ing cares?

Why are you guys so obsessed with the bass when the funk is in the fingers?[/quote]

'BASS GUITAR FORUM IN TALKING ABOUT BASS GUITARS SHOCKER'

:)

This is why top artist should all keep blogs, containing a short list of what instruments they have used on certain days for certain tracks.

I can think of a few examples where a player has used two, sometimes even three different basses on a single track...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a pub gig !!!

Guess he didn't want to take his mega buck Fender and took his freebie Modulus :) :huh:

Come on we've all done it...... bit of a rough pub, leave the good bass at home take the backup.....

Is that a girl on drums ?

Edited by Marcus

[quote name='nash' post='264837' date='Aug 18 2008, 06:59 PM']if flea gets a sig jazz it's obvs going to be the oly white shell plate 62 ri alike. he was given hiswhite jazz by someone famous i think.

also the RHCP are way past it. the ego's in the band are way too big now. john f has ruined them and flea has gone off the rails. i hope they split soon.[/quote]

Didnt flea get given a 62 Jazz that went for £/$50k by a music record company?