Why become a member? ×

Trade Agreed: Sandberg California TM4 Cherryburst/Maple - Price Drop - £700.00
£750

Thor

Price drop £700

Hi All,

Next up for sale is my Sandberg California. Recently acquired as part of a trade, it's finished in Cherryburst with black hardware & black scratchplate, it's in unmarked condition and comes complete with Sandberg gigbag.

The maple neck is super sleek and the nut width measures 38mm. According to our scales it weighs in at a very respectable 9lb 8ozs. The Delano pickups coupled with the Sandberg electronics sound huge, the volume knob is of the push/pull type and switches between active & passive mode.

It's a great bass to play, nice fast neck, superb action and a huge amount of tonal variations and qualities, it's just not my cup of tea as I only really like black or white basses.

Would prefer collection from near Marlborough, Wiltshire or could deliver for cost of fuel money within a reasonable distance, could ship at buyers risk/expense.

EDIT: I'd be interested in trading for a Barefaced Super Twin or Super 12T.

Here's the pics:

Here's a better pic with the pickguard fitted - had a good look round it whilst cleaning it - there are absolutely no dings or marks on the bass whatsoever.
[IMG]http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p176/imperialbarge/Berg%20with%20guard.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by Thor

[quote name='rpsequeira' timestamp='1423751871' post='2688617']
Violetburst :D
[/quote]

To be honest Im a little puzzled by the spec? I know Sandberg offer lots of options but I couldn't make out exactly which model and colour option this is, thought it was a California T series with optional dot markets? Either way it's very nice.

Edit: I've no idea why the pics have come out in the orientation they have? They were perfect when I previewed the post?

Edited by Thor

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1423753039' post='2688634']

To be honest Im a little puzzled by the spec? I know Sandberg offer lots of options but I couldn't make out exactly which model and colour option this is, thought it was a California T series with optional dot markets? Either way it's very nice.

Edit: I've no idea why the pics have come out in the orientation they have? They were perfect when I previewed the post?
[/quote]

I think all Sandbergs except the Electra series are custom specced so you can have dots, blocks or nothing on the board. Its a TM. Lovely spec choice btw

[quote name='merello' timestamp='1423938146' post='2690655']
Utterly, utterly stunning.
[/quote]

Thank you! B)

It is a beauty and the neck really is superb, very playable, I took it to rehearsal and it sounded huge! Loads of fat bottom end and plenty of mids/highs - it really is very verstatile . If it was Blackburst then it would definitely be a keeper, I'm just not a Cherry/Violet type of guy. :)

EDIT: Interested in trading for Barefaced Super Twin or Super 12T.

Edited by Thor

• 1 month later...

Yes I do, the scratchplate is in good condition just the usual fingernail marks on it, to be honest the bass has been kept in its gigbag and hardly used since I've had it.

I'll do my best to get a picture up later today but I do have new band practice later.

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

Additional photo added with pickguard as requested again. Just to confirm, after giving this bass a thorough clean today, there are no dings or marks whatsoever on this bass.

• 1 year later...