Why become a member? ×

Did anyone ever get any of the dr.green pedals?

Patchbass

I've noticed it's been almost a year now since they've been out but I haven't actually heard a lot about them and I know they started off around £130 but I've seen most places are selling them around £59, which could indicate they haven't really sold? But I was wondering whether to maybe pick up a bearded lady fuzz at the end of this month as they're a lot cheaper now and post my thoughts on it?

I don't think they particularly lit many peoples fires. The problem I had with them, on a few of the models, is the proximity of the footswitch to the knobs. The bearded lady fuzz for example, stupid close, totally not a gigable pedal.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1422986160' post='2679195']
I don't think they particularly lit many peoples fires. The problem I had with them, on a few of the models, is the proximity of the footswitch to the knobs. The bearded lady fuzz for example, stupid close, totally not a gigable pedal.

Si
[/quote]

Just checked that, what an awful design! Just seems pointless too, I can't imagine there is any innards below that switch, looks like it was put there for aesthetic reasons?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1422986374' post='2679198']

Just checked that, what an awful design! Just seems pointless too, I can't imagine there is any innards below that switch, looks like it was put there for aesthetic reasons?
[/quote]

Footswitch is high to allow room for a battery, knobs are low to allow top-mounted jacks. Just a bad combination of features is all.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1422988263' post='2679228']
Footswitch is high to allow room for a battery, knobs are low to allow top-mounted jacks. Just a bad combination of features is all.

Si
[/quote]

You would have thought they would have slotted the battery in sideways at the edge, rather than taking all that room. I wonder how long it will be before batteries are completely fazed out....

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1422989030' post='2679235']

You would have thought they would have slotted the battery in sideways at the edge, rather than taking all that room. I wonder how long it will be before batteries are completely fazed out....
[/quote]

Not sure why anyone would use a battery over mains power. Terrible for the environment too (disposing of).
T-Rex pedals side-mounted their batteries in their recent pedal run, means the footswitch is off-centre, but also means jacks can be too mounted, a decent solution:

[url=http://postimg.org/image/3leln1gk7/][/url]

That said, the knobs are higher over the jacks too, so I imagine the T-Rex have a deeper enclosure to allow that.

In any case, I wouldn't buy a Dr Green pedal :)

Si

[quote name='Patchbass' timestamp='1423074945' post='2680414']
Ah yeah it doesn't really look like it's worth it now with the pointless backward jacks and that, maybe just save for the woolly mammoth
[/quote]

Just buy a Woolly Mammoth kit and build it yourself, probably set you back £35 or so plus your time.

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1423152942' post='2681518']

Just buy a Woolly Mammoth kit and build it yourself, probably set you back £35 or so plus your time.

Si
[/quote] Interesting, although I'm not good at soldering and making stuff haha but I shall look into it, also thinking about a Malekko b:assmaster