Why become a member? ×

And yet another rant about ticket agencies...

So, this afternoon I check my emails. Got one from song kick, informing me of korn playing a gig at the Brixton academy in July .
This evening, I consider buying a couple..sold out!!
Normally , there's a pre sale, then the rest of the tkts (10%) go on sale to the public on Friday.
Not this time !

Dare I sa y, thankfully , I go to less gigs now because , like me most of the bands I follow are getting old and don't tour so much.
The next major gigs I wouldve expected to see in due course are rush/ metallica /ram stein.
Guess w hat? No chance !
Even the scorpions will be sold out.
Looks like my time is up . Not because I'm too old to rock. It's because of the corporate greed , and the other cr@p that's been dominating every major event over the last 15 years or so. I suppose, I saw all the bands at their peak .
I'll just download live gigs from iTunes in the future .
Rant over

Are you sure the gig is legit?

I've just done a quick search and there's no mention of a Brixton (or any other UK date for that matter) in July anywhere I would trust, It's not even listed on their website which is where it definitely would be listed. "Songkick" and "bandsintown" often throw out phantom gig dates that don't exist.

Yeah I find with bigger bands getting tickets is just a question of luck...

I've been extremely lucky to have gone and seen Slipknot last week and also I've been lucky enough to get tickets to AC/DC in the summer. Only reason I got them was because I was sat at the computer at the time the tickets were released smashing the refresh button to try and get in there quickly.

I've unfortunately missed out on Foo Fighters, System of a Down and U2 this year doing the same tactic, the big bands sell tickets in the blink of an eye. What really upsets me though is I know there will be about loads of ticket touts that have bought loads of them and I feel there needs to be a law or method introduced to stop this.

Smaller/ less known bands I like I can generally leave until the month before the gig to get tickets as they rarely sell out, but I also find that some of the smaller venues have anti ticket tout measures in place. I bought a ticket to see Dave McPherson do his solo acoustic act in Cambridge and your ticket is your ID and bank card you bought the ticket with.

Why large venues cant do this I will never understand....

It's Friday, May 2 at Brixton Academy: http://www.o2academybrixton.co.uk/event/63165/korn-tickets

tickets on sale on Friday, or Wednesday if you're registered on O2 Priority (http://www.o2priority.co.uk/Events/Korn/680). This, and other presales, is where a lot of tickets go if you're seeing "sold out" or limited seat availability at the public on-sale time.

It's so annoying, we managed to get AC/DC tickets by pure chance, but my mate had no luck apart from Getmein , who were charging double the face value! People are getting sick of this legalised touting. It's getting so you can't see bands now. It used to be easier for real fans to persevere and get tickets, but now a large amount, are straight away given to Getmein or Viagogo.

• 4 weeks later...

New legislation coming in, it doesn't fully address the issues but it's a start;

[url="http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/feb/25/touts-suffer-blow-government-backs-regulation-secondary-ticketing"]http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/feb/25/touts-suffer-blow-government-backs-regulation-secondary-ticketing[/url]

Yep, its all crap and I blame the internet. Gone are the days when you could queue up outside a venue and actually buy a ticket on a first come first served basis. Now its the big agencies selling a bare minimum of tickets to joe public and retaining most of the tickets to sell at a big markup through their "partner" site. Its basically legalised touting.

If the artists really are as popular as it appears, they'd play more gigs wouldn't they?