Why become a member? ×

Sale Pending: Steinberger Spirit headless
£250

alyctes

Steinberger Spirit headless four-string, passive, 34" scale, in flameburst. Weight is 3.6kg (8lb). Comes with its original (basic) gigbag. Small enough to fit a guitar case.

Near pristine - it has a couple of scratches which you have to look hard for (I've tried to photograph them but it's not easy) and some wear on one of the pups and the rear strap button.

Pics: [url="http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/alyctes/library/Steinberger%20Spirit?sort=3&page=1"]http://s1295.photobu...t?sort=3&page=1[/url]

Bought here a couple of years ago. Selling because I'm not using it and I could use the space and the cash. Trades considered; I like Peaveys :)

£250 plus carriage.

Edited by alyctes

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1420891006' post='2654602']
Could you tell me what the scale length is please?
[/quote]
hi Dave, it's 34".
(Now edited into the OP.)

Edited by alyctes

Interested...would be ideal for home practice in my small 'lair', better than constantly banging the headstock of my P into the walls!

Give me an hour or two to think it over....don't suppose you're heading this way again any time soon are you?

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1420892323' post='2654631']
Interested...would be ideal for home practice in my small 'lair', better than constantly banging the headstock of my P into the walls!

Give me an hour or two to think it over....don't suppose you're heading this way again any time soon are you?
[/quote]

No rush :)

I could come past you next weekend, triangular detour on my way to Bristol; or the weekend of the 14th Feb.

Getting very tempted....just under a year since you had my Thunder one, looking back...at least we're not under water this time!

I've never played one of these, how does the neck feel, and how does it balance on a strap? (though I suspect I would use it mostly sitting and through headphones, it might be a more convenient back-up bass than the Squier P for small gigs).

It balances pretty much where you put it; when I put it on it sits comfortably with the neck tipped up to a comfortable height, sort of armpit level.

The neck feels slim to me; it's 39mm at the nut/zero fret, so it might feel skinny to you if you prefer a P. There is a tendency to slide off the end to start with, but I found that didn't last (IMO they should flare the end of the neck slightly, like the Aria Sinsonidos).

Edited by alyctes

I have a Jazz as well (though don't play it much these days) and that is a gnat's under 39mm, OK if i don't use the heavier strings I prefer on the P.

Still tying to convince myself I don't want it....and failing so far!

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1420904453' post='2654812']
I have a Jazz as well (though don't play it much these days) and that is a gnat's under 39mm, OK if i don't use the heavier strings I prefer on the P.

Still tying to convince myself I don't want it....and failing so far!
[/quote] Go on Dave buy it then I can stop looking lol and with my headless I cured slipping off the end by wrapping a bit of old wrist band over the end until I was use to it

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1420906598' post='2654860']
Go on Dave buy it then I can stop looking lol and with my headless I cured slipping off the end by wrapping a bit of old wrist band over the end until I was use to it
[/quote]

Go ahead, I'm pulling out of this for now, I really don't have 250 quid going spare ATM.

8lbs. That's not very much, is it.

Edit - I need to think about this. I have been going into a bit of a buying frenzy lately and really ought to calm down. But it is a lovely bass, Mike! I'd trade you for one of my Peaveys except you've already bought them all :)

Edited by Paul S

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1420919411' post='2655117']
8lbs. That's not very much, is it.

Edit - I need to think about this. I have been going into a bit of a buying frenzy lately and really ought to calm down. But it is a lovely bass, Mike! I'd trade you for one of my Peaveys except you've already bought them all :)
[/quote]

8lb is not that much. It feels quite chunky, somehow, probably because it's small.

No hurry :)

Edited by alyctes