Why become a member? ×

Roger Sadowsky. Behind the Notes Documentary.

bubinga5

Im sure lots have seen this. but for those who haven't, its a fascinating look at a 40 year master of guitar making. its quite staggering how much detail he goes into, and how much knowledge he has, explaining the different aspects of his building process is really interesting. Ive owned a Sadowsky and it was fantastic. wish i hadn't of let it go.

i think a few of his views are not gospel,because different luthiers have different opinions i guess.

its a long one but very interesting. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBSg1_CRfWY[/media]

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1419798210' post='2642817']
you got a great job Barrie.!!
[/quote]

It's not all it's cracked up to be, lol.

Roger seems like a lovely guy though. I've got a huge respect for what he's achieved with a, relatively, single minded vision of how an instrument should be made and what it should sound like :)

I watched this the other day, it's just wonderful to listen to a guy who has passion about his subject. I particularly liked the part where he talks about archtops and the raison d'être behind his construction. This video, coupled with the one with RS and Michael Tobias, has been time thoroughly well spent and, amazingly, non GAS forming.