Why become a member? ×

Endorsement...

Nate

[quote name='Jase' post='248960' date='Jul 27 2008, 03:47 PM']I thought this would be a good place to put my own recent good fortune.......I now have an endorsement with Hartke :)[/quote]

Hey Jase, that's cool... Did you ring Larry on his 'cellphone'? I have to do that at some point. Will you be taking delivery of the new 'Hydrive' speakers? Would be very interested to hear about them. Always loved Hartke gear.

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' post='248991' date='Jul 27 2008, 03:51 PM']Hey Jase, that's cool... Did you ring Larry on his 'cellphone'? I have to do that at some point. Will you be taking delivery of the new 'Hydrive' speakers? Would be very interested to hear about them. Always loved Hartke gear.

Cheers
ped[/quote]

Cheers Ped, Yeah, the cell phone number is everywhere!! Well, obviously I'm not in the position to be given huge amounts of new gear for free........(apart from strings) :) but as far as amplification goes.....it's incredibly discounted according to Larry. I'm told there are various levels of endorsement at Hartke....I must be a newbie, Ha! onwards and upwards then! He's a very nice chap and whatever you need, depending on your level of exposure as a player they will sort a deal!

...So, tidy darts!

[quote name='Jase' post='249027' date='Jul 27 2008, 06:21 PM']Cheers Ped, Yeah, the cell phone number is everywhere!! Well, obviously I'm not in the position to be given huge amounts of new gear for free........(apart from strings) :) but as far as amplification goes.....it's incredibly discounted according to Larry. I'm told there are various levels of endorsement at Hartke....I must be a newbie, Ha! onwards and upwards then! He's a very nice chap and whatever you need, depending on your level of exposure as a player they will sort a deal!

...So, tidy darts![/quote]

Hey man...did you get it by calling Larry then?

I've considered doing that, although, i'm not sure i want a Hartke one...i'm using my HA2000 pretty much exclusively at the moment though, my first amp and it's seen off a Thunderfunk, an Ampeg SVT (though that's becuase it's lighter, lol)...the cabs though...hmmm!!!

I've recently got deals with Mike Lull and Rotosound, the endorsements are out there...it's grand, just have to look i guess.

J

I still don't really know at what stage you 'qualify' for an endorsement... I'd love a string endorsement from Overwater or something, but I know I'm not high profile enough to warrant it. Am I?

Amp endorsements aren't as high on my list anyway.

[quote name='Finbar' post='249226' date='Jul 27 2008, 11:09 PM']I still don't really know at what stage you 'qualify' for an endorsement... I'd love a string endorsement from Overwater or something, but I know I'm not high profile enough to warrant it. Am I?

Amp endorsements aren't as high on my list anyway.[/quote]

I personally think it's more about how good at selling yourself at the average Joe kinda level. I'm not high profile, no one knows me, i'm not making a massive name for myself. I've managed to get in with some decent muso's, but i've maintained a fairly decent profile and i therefor have something to market.

I think it's easier to go for overseas companies, and companies with a broad mind set...Overwater seem pretty narrow-minded to me about stuff, this stuff included. But at the end of the day, have you asked for one with them? Don't be afraid to ask...but don't just say 'erm, i don't suppose you'd, erm, endorse me?' ... sell yourself, who you are, what you're doing, what you've done. Make yourself sound successful, you don't have to be deceitful or anything, just work on your strengths!

[quote name='Finbar' post='249278' date='Jul 28 2008, 12:22 AM']Yeah, I always plan on waiting until my band gets a bigger, so I actually have a grain of truth to expand upon and exaggerate! :huh:

I can big myself up all I want, but at the end of the day, it isn't hard to do some research into me! :)[/quote]

Nor me mate...but i've got enough there for the people i've got positive replies from to say yes. Just don't be afraid to ask.

My guitarist just got a strings deal. All he does musically is play in my band, he's never done anything bigger that what we're doing, and we aren't big, he's in full time employent. He just asked and got a favourable reply.

If it helps, i just used my myspace and bands myspace as points of reference, both links are in my sig, so you can see what i used to back myself up!

As has been mentioned before though...endorsement doesn't mean 'free'. I think it's just the big boys, or the guys who are in the big league, doing tours with big bands and stuff that get gear thrown at them and time spent with them. It makes sense though as they're putting the brands out there. I'm only able to market to limited audience, but i guess the more you can put the brand out there, the more they reward you!!!

Hope you manage to get one though mate, or too get your profile together in order to get one...it's nice to get something back from it all :huh:

[quote name='bassjamm' post='249207' date='Jul 27 2008, 09:46 PM']Hey man...did you get it by calling Larry then?

I've considered doing that, although, i'm not sure i want a Hartke one...i'm using my HA2000 pretty much exclusively at the moment though, my first amp and it's seen off a Thunderfunk, an Ampeg SVT (though that's becuase it's lighter, lol)...the cabs though...hmmm!!!

I've recently got deals with Mike Lull and Rotosound, the endorsements are out there...it's grand, just have to look i guess.

J[/quote]

I've been in touch with Larry for the last month or so, initially it was just to say that I was very pleased with my HA4000, HA3500 and VX810, I also mentioned that I had great results from their strings. Hartke had been my choice since being a little disappointed in a few other makes I'd had the chance to try out on gigs, I just kept in touch with him, I presented him with some of my own bass recordings and some of the bands recordings and just told him about myself as a player, just like you mentioned bassjamm, it went from there really. Don't get me wrong it's not on the level of Jack Bruce or Stu Hamm, It's all good though, all positive and hopefully I can develop my relationship with Hartke.

Not fussed on the cabs bassjamm? :)

[quote name='Jase' post='249290' date='Jul 28 2008, 12:47 AM']I've been in touch with Larry for the last month or so, initially it was just to say that I was very pleased with my HA4000, HA3500 and VX810, I also mentioned that I had great results from their strings. Hartke had been my choice since being a little disappointed in a few other makes I'd had the chance to try out on gigs, I just kept in touch with him, I presented him with some of my own bass recordings and some of the bands recordings and just told him about myself as a player, just like you mentioned bassjamm, it went from there really. Don't get me wrong it's not on the level of Jack Bruce or Stu Hamm, It's all good though, all positive and hopefully I can develop my relationship with Hartke.

Not fussed on the cabs bassjamm? :)[/quote]

I used to use the Transported cabs, but out grew them. I now need a small, but portable solution...so preferably a single 4 ohm cab.

I want to check out some more of the Hartke stuff again, and i'm tempted to call him up...but i want to see what i'm happiest with really!

it does seem like endorsements come if you're marketable in some way...one of my students plays in a young band [url="http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=332603108"]the Jammin Dodgers[/url] and they're endorsed by Bugera (a subsidiary of behringer, so it's not a massive endorsement!) but they're treated well, it's got them enough exposure to get some airplay on a middle-eastern radio station.

It's especially nice, considering that 2 out of their three Bugera amps have sh*t themselves over the past few weeks, but have been replaced with new units within 48hrs at no charge!

[quote name='markbass555' post='249351' date='Jul 28 2008, 07:56 AM']I have been lucky enough to get endorsements from JHS for their vintage basses and also for Dunlop Strings. Its just a matter of selling yourself to these guys. Oh and I can confirm you dont get the stuff for free...you do get it heavilly discounted though.

DAve[/quote]

Aye, that's about the size of it!....Very true.

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='249301' date='Jul 28 2008, 01:15 AM']Being one of East Anglia's oldest slappers qualifies me for many super deals with many varied brands!

...actually I do have an endorsement with Elites strings!

Nick[/quote]
I should think you need it with that fence :)

Elixirs would be nice to get something from but I rather doubt my 30-40 gig pa would qualify me for anything much

Got me a 'Spector' endorsement.... :huh:

I guess my belief in their product and nigh on 20 years of playing Spectors almost exclusively (plus my music CV of sessions, recordings, tours etc) convinced them I was worthy of their support.... :)