Why become a member? ×

Radio 4 NOW - thing about BASS

ped

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1415274957' post='2598610']
and there are other things -- some great Larry Graham
[/quote]
I often think that someone slapping down the pub thinking he's Larry Graham is similar to the bloke who plays football on Sunday mornings and thinks he's Ronaldo.

Two are legends in their own lifetime while the other two are legends in their own bath-time.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1415405836' post='2600143']

I often think that someone slapping down the pub thinking he's Larry Graham is similar to the bloke who plays football on Sunday mornings and thinks he's Ronaldo.

Two are legends in their own lifetime while the other two are legends in their own bath-time.
[/quote]

That's a very funny analogy - to make it a little more inclusive surely someone playing Come Together thinking they're Paul McCartney or All Roght Now thinking they're Andy Fraser fall into the same category - or indeed anything a bit flash on any instrument in a cover band!

I often think that slap bass gets a bad press largely from bass players (some of whom haven't learned to do it) - nice to see Guy Pratt play 2 of 3 numbers with Bryan Ferry tonight on Jools playing slap bass - what a rebel he is!!!!

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1415440034' post='2600283']
I like a bit of slap bass if it fits in the song. Brothers Johnson-Stomp, for example.
[/quote]trouble is I've never found a song with slap bass in it that I like, so, do I not like songs that slap bass fits with, or does slap bass put me off the song?

[quote name='drTStingray' timestamp='1415439203' post='2600271']
That's a very funny analogy - to make it a little more inclusive surely someone playing Come Together thinking they're Paul McCartney or All Roght Now thinking they're Andy Fraser fall into the same category - or indeed anything a bit flash on any instrument in a cover band!
[/quote]
Absolutely, i won't argue with that. :D