Why become a member? ×

U2 on Jools Holland

grumpyguts

Why can we get the new slip knot album free on our Apple devices? Now that would interest me a lot more.

As for Bonio, there's no doubt he has talent. I'm just sick of hearing him preach about us digging into our pockets for this charity or that charity, whilst he mosies about with his millions. Rock stars should just be that. I really get cheesed off when they preach politics or the like!

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1414316911' post='2588065']
Why can we get the new slip knot album free on our Apple devices? Now that would interest me a lot more.

As for Bonio, there's no doubt he has talent. I'm just sick of hearing him preach about us digging into our pockets for this charity or that charity, whilst he mosies about with his millions. Rock stars should just be that. I really get cheesed off when they preach politics or the like!
[/quote]

Exactly! I went to see the Beastie Boys and as we settled in to a good jump about the place they started asking us to give dosh to Tibet. I was thinking, you give em some. I'm skint.

The songs sound stronger on the recorded album but they made a decent fist of it under the circumstances. Didn't bother with the interview, in fact I fast forwarded through most of the other acts after a minute or so of each song. You just get certain weeks like that on later, nature of the beast.

U2 were... OK. The interview was embarrassing to watch. Didn't "get" Slaves at all, or Interpol for that matter.

Never really heard Sam Smith before (I live under a rock it would seem) - liked him a lot. Also liked Zola Jesus... as long as I wasn't watching her... which was a surprise.

Haven't watched Jools in forever. What's with all the moody lighting going on?

Edited by Bigwan