Why become a member? ×

Comfort Strapp Pro Bass Strap

aceuggy

Looking to buy a decent strap and I think neoprene is the way to go. Seen these straps on ebay, guy is selling them in different lengths. Any opinions on them or other recommendations welcome.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Comfort-Strapp-Pro-Bass-Strap-Short-Version-NEW_W0QQitemZ220261386207QQihZ012QQcategoryZ20831QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Comfort-Strapp-Pro-B...1713.m153.l1262[/url]

They are very comfortable. Price wise the eBay link is not much different to what I have seen them in shops for, indeed once you add shipping they are looking on the expensive side I think - that does of course require you to be able to find one in your local shop

In which case I cut out the piece of material between the neoprene and the plastic and had my darling mother stitch it back together. Works a treat and gets the neoprene where you want it.

[quote name='TheRinser' post='252794' date='Aug 1 2008, 02:39 PM']They're good, I've got one too, but depending on the angle you have your bass at you can end up with the plastic bit right on your shoulder, which makes the nice big comfy neoprene bit kind of redundant... ah well, they're fine apart from that.[/quote]

[quote name='TheRinser' post='252794' date='Aug 1 2008, 02:39 PM']They're good, I've got one too, but depending on the angle you have your bass at you can end up with the plastic bit right on your shoulder, which makes the nice big comfy neoprene bit kind of redundant... ah well, they're fine apart from that.[/quote]
Blimey!! What angle do you play your bass at!! I dont think I have ever got close to that situation

Well I've got the longest strapp. I've got it at it's shortest at the front, and pretty much longest at the back. But I find if I pull the neck up towards 45 degree, maybe a little more, I get the plastic bit digging in to the front of my shoulder. I'm 6'6" tall though, and play it with the bottom of the bass around hip height, maybe a little lower...

If you move around a lot, these straps aren't so cool.

I bought one, used it at one practice, and it has sat in a box ever since. My Levy's leather one is getting more use, even though it isn't as comfortable, just because it doesn't have an elastic effect, and bungee the bass back into my face! :)

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='252652' date='Aug 1 2008, 12:29 PM']I got mine from Mark at bassdirect.[/quote]

Thanks for that, I have just ordered myself one from Bassdirect and saved myself almost a fiver! And thanks everyone for your input.