Why become a member? ×

Ha Another Peavey

kodiakblair

This wasn't supposed to arrive till next week when I away for 2 weeks working.

Today it's a T-20 that's crossed the Atlantic. I was outbid on about 3 Peavey with Super Ferrites so looked to America to have more luck.
And I certainly have with the Patriot on Thursday and this T-20 today.

Bought from used car parts seller in Tennessee just 8 days ago.The seller was great and stuck it in a hard case for free because he was concerned
about the 5000 miles it had to travel. He told me this after it had shipped so Top Marks to 101 Auto Sales LLC.

Out the box all it needs is a new set of strings so might go with Elites or Tapewounds. There are no neck bow issues like the Patriot and the intonation
is bang on so I reckon it's been played recently whereas I suspect the Patriot had been overlooked for something shiny and 5 times the price :o

So I leave you with a couple of photos while I get some playing time under the belt.
[attachment=173509:T 20 (2).jpg]
[attachment=173511:T 20 (3).jpg]

Thanks Guys

Nice weight on this one at 9lbs. They way they built these is fantastic,and with the slanted pickup it just looks so cool.

[quote name='Meddle' timestamp='1413057848' post='2574628']
I don't think you own enough Peaveys. :lol:
[/quote]
Yesterday I saw a Milestone in Cash Convertors for £60 and walked away.Well I did after going back for a second look :lol:

AT

There's no need for that. It's a closed chapter and I don't know why I mentioned it.

Bottom line I've got my bass mojo back but he's still crazy just well-fed crazy :)

Got some hours in with the T 20 last night, Man does it growl. The neck's not as comfortable as the Patriot and nothing like the Millennium necks
I've got,the Foundations have a more jazz-like neck.

But for that growl I'll learn to love it.

Cheers alyctes

I put one on the Zodiac DE body I bought from Thunderbird along with Entwistle pickups.
It's a monster. There's a picture of it in the Patriot thread I started on Thursday.

And we have another Peavey fan. theplumber he's the man that outbid me on the Fury a couple of weeks back.
Stays in the same town as me too. Has a Forum,a Fury and has a Foundation body with a Millennium neck to
put together.

Slightly o/t but does anyone know what these Peavey Jazz basses are like? I guess lightweight with skinny necks, but it would be interesting to know for sure.
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peavey-Milestone-Bass-Guitar-/271634388133?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f3eabd4a5"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peavey-Milestone-Bass-Guitar-/271634388133?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3f3eabd4a5[/url]

Paul if it's the same as the Milestone III

It'll have a 38mm nut and weigh about 9 lbs. That was my 1st Peavey and the one that started me on the Peavey kick. I figured that if the entry ones were this good
the others would be great. Now 11 Peaveys later I still think highly of the Milestone and it still gets played.

CamdenRob

I never thought it would end up like this.For years it was just the Bass Collection and an old Washburn then the bank/house thing happened and I started playing again.
To save me de-tuning I looked on ebay and picked up the Washburn 5 string but I couldn't believe what you can buy these days.

That was the baw bust as we say up here. You're right the house is better stocked than some shops,36 basses in 5 racks in the livingroom. All got for good prices, about 3rd
under £80, 3rd under £150 and rest under £240. Still a lot of money I'll admit but I've been sober going on 2 1/2 years and well like I've said fresh start for me and the cat,
better the benefits all around me than printed on a bank statement or in the publicans pocket :)

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1413220772' post='2576012']
CamdenRob

I never thought it would end up like this.For years it was just the Bass Collection and an old Washburn then the bank/house thing happened and I started playing again.
To save me de-tuning I looked on ebay and picked up the Washburn 5 string but I couldn't believe what you can buy these days.

That was the baw bust as we say up here. You're right the house is better stocked than some shops,36 basses in 5 racks in the livingroom. All got for good prices, about 3rd
under £80, 3rd under £150 and rest under £240. Still a lot of money I'll admit but I've been sober going on 2 1/2 years and well like I've said fresh start for me and the cat,
better the benefits all around me than printed on a bank statement or in the publicans pocket :)
[/quote]

Quite right too.. Must be good fun to visit your house. It'd be great to play all those basses and compare what works for what. You probably own more basses than most of us will play in a lifetime. Have you got them all on display? I'd build double height racks around the walls of the living room or something similar... seems a shame to hide them away.

With the value, a collection that size will always be worth a sizable chunk... even at an average of £150 with 36 basses thats over five grand...

Are you just going to keep collecting till you run of space?

Edited by CamdenRob

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1413310308' post='2577052']
I'm away from home for a few weeks CamdenRob but here's one from my phone.
Can't seem to upload photos so a link will have to do sorry.

When I get back I'll sort something better.
[/quote]

Wow... that's about half of them? you'll have to go double height with the rack...