Why become a member? ×

Toto do a Steely Dan classic

bubinga5

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1411835953' post='2563198']
Lukather is so underated...
[/quote]

I know quite a few guitarists that rate him highly, me for one. Seen Toto four times and SL solo, always fabulous. His stuff on Thriller is benchmark and must be some of the most listened to guitar playing ever.

I think the only area where Luke is underrated is as a Shane Ritchie lookalike :P

Probably my favourite rock guitarist right there (with Paul Gilbert and John Mitchell following closely). I have the DVD of this gig and love it. There's also some superb playing on another live concert of Toto's; their 35th anniversary concert in Poland.

They've picked some excellent bass players in Lee Sklar and Nathan East to stand in for Mike in the last few years - It's a measure of the esteem the guys are held in that Sklar and East are willing to play for them.

Lastly, Simon Phillips is a fantastic and very tasteful drummer - excellent choice for the band, although I was told the other day that he's now left! :rolleyes:

Steve