Why become a member? ×

Multi effects.

ambient

I'm after a multi effects, can anyone recommend a good one ?

Over the summer I put together a bit of a pedal board with some nice effects, but it got a bit silly, and heavy. So I sold them and bought a Boss GT10, this was amazing, but extremely heavy.

I travel by train and tube, so it needs to be fairly compact and light.

It's specifically reverbs, delays, chorus and some filter sounds that I need, and I want to be able to control the parameters, and combine them.

This is what I managed with my GT10 [url="https://ambient-bassist.bandcamp.com/track/after-all"]https://ambient-bassist.bandcamp.com/track/after-all[/url]

It has to be able to do something like this.

Your opinions would be much appreciated.

:)

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1411817291' post='2563037']
I just bought a Zoom B3...to take over from a nice Lexicon MPXG2. The Lexicon is a great unit but doesn't fit in my gig bag like the Zoom does.
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply 😊 the G2 in a smaller package would be my dream effects 😊

Does it get anywhere neat ?

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1411818388' post='2563042']
Thanks for the reply the G2 in a smaller package would be my dream effects

Does it get anywhere neat ?
[/quote]
More a case of horses for courses. The MPXG2 is a swiss army knife in terms of effects and signal chain management. It's only bettered by software based solutions and only limited by 'processing power'. The B3 by comparison is three effects only. But in most gigging situations I've never needed more than three anyway and the B3 has the bonus of a software based editor.

I also have Native Instruments Guitar Kontrol which is superb - unlimited processing power and great user interface. But with all software based solutions, expect to be coughing up for upgrades due to built in redundancy.

Have you looked at the zoom MS60B multistomp? It's an amazing thing. Pretty much all the sound sounds of the B3 in a stompbox. I own a B3 and an MS60B. For me the B3 is much easier to use but the MS60B has the option of four pedals in a patch as opposed to the B3's three and is incredibly cheap. My plan is to use them both the MS60B for always on effects and the B3 for all the others.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1411828029' post='2563121']
If it's portability & sound quality that you need, then going down this route might be a more suitable option...

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/230948-ios-for-the-gigging-bassist/"]http://basschat.co.u...igging-bassist/[/url]
[/quote]

You know that's something that occurred to me earlier :)

I've just got back from Bristol, my entire journey there and back was spent mulling over whether and how to use my macbook instead of effects.

My gigs fall into 2 categories.

1) Normal gigs, no effects and a real amp.

2) I'm starting to do some ambient type gigs, and have a few very interesting projects in the pipeline. These are quite small affairs, and I'll just plug whatever into my amp.

So, I'm guessing I can maybe just use the effects in MainStage/Logic Pro, and my interface ?

I have a Softstep midi pedal.

The chaps who use iOS fx are the best folk to ask. Had I still been gigging, then it would have been an option for me (I loved the tweakability of my moog pedals, though moog filtration may be a way to get things pretty close).
There's a whole bunch of foot & hand controllers that you can get now, there's even one that attaches to the lower horn with pads & ribbons on it.