Why become a member? ×

Rackmount multi effect processor

Dazed

I believe the Fractal Audio Axe-FX II is okay for bass. You'll want the massive matching MFC-101 footswitch controller. That'll cost you about £3,000. Start saving.

Or you could just get a more conventional floor based multi-effects unit like a secondhand Zoom B9.1ut. You can't rack it unfortunately. It'll cost you about £100. There have been a couple for sale on here.

If you don't need all that modelling stuff thrown in but just want really tasty pristine modulations, compression, pitch shift, delays, reverbs and EQ then I would steer you toward the TC Electronic racks. The G Major 2, G Force or if you want the ability to go rack or floor, then the G System (latest version) is superb.

Fantastically timed thread... I'm looking into this and the Line 6 was my only contender given the cost of the Fractal. Time to do some research on the TC Elec and Eleven Rack.

A quick Google seems to show that the G Maj isn't great on the low-end.

Line 6 or Eleven Rack... hmm.

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1410191317' post='2546965']
Anything out there that does the job of a dozen pedals on a neat unit thats ultra flexible/ controllable from a floor switching pedal(s) ?

Edumacate me :)
[/quote]

Ahem ;)

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/211422-tc-electronic-g-major-2-l180/page__p__2490485__hl__g%20major__fromsearch__1#entry2490485

The Eleven Rack arrived today... wow.

Just playing with the factory presets shows the scope and there are only a few bass-specific ones out of the box. Didn't have much time today to play with it and it'll be the weekend before I get to grips with it properly and start to build the tones I want for the current set list.

The editor it comes with is really good and you get Pro Tools bundled with it so there's something to play with when not playing!

Having had time this weekend to est up some rigs for our current set I'm impressed with a few things on the rack...

1. User community created rigs - some great quality out there
2. Easy to use for something quite complex
3. Sounds freaking awesome

the sounds are heavily biased to tube amps - but I've now got everything from a decent 'classic' rock SVT sound through to clean and edgy with some dirt for metal tunes.

It'll only be after I practice at decent volume and gig it that I'll be able to fine-tune the rigs but I'm pleased so far.

Only negative is the single signal path so you can't mix fizz and clean to get a perfect Rush sound - I guess the Line 6 would do that well.