Why become a member? ×

SOLD +++ Warwick Star Bass V Pro Series Black with Hardcase
£950

disssa

Warwick Star Bass V Black Finish Mint Condition with Hardcase

It is the Bass on the Photo!
It is not the cheap "Made in China" version!

Price incl. shipping to UK Main.

Edited by TraceAmp

Pro Series Star Bass Maple
laminated maple body,
maple neck with ekanga veneer stripes,
Wenge fingerboard,
Warwick machine heads,
Just-A-Nut III, scale length: 34" (long scale),
passive MEC single coil pickups,
passive electronics,
2-piece Warwick bridge,
3-way toggle switch,
Warwick security locks,
chrome hardware,
black high polish finish,
weight: 4.4 kg

This bass comes with the same components like the expensive "Made in Germany"-StarBass. Only the used Wood is another one...

Edited by TraceAmp

I think the confusion is that in post #3 you state "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Rock Bass Star Bass Maple"[/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]The Korean ones - now no longer made - are the Pro Series Star Bass. [/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]A quick google search brings up Rock Bass Star Bass and WGPS (Warwick German Pro Series - parts shipped from Germany to China for sanding, painting assembly) - I must admit I am not sure if the Rockbass and the WGPS are the same model or different models.[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]What is the serial number of the bass? [/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]The serial number of my Gold 5 String Korean Star Bass is WPS - B XXXXXX[/color][/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]Hope that helps.[/color][/font]

Edited by bagsieblue

Rockbass and the new WGPS series (which has replaced the Pro Series) are different basses. Then there is the uber German series. This bass was made in Korea and is now discontinued.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1405756318' post='2504926']
Rockbass and the new WGPS series (which has replaced the Pro Series) are different basses. Then there is the uber German series. This bass was made in Korea and is now discontinued.
[/quote]

Don't think that's quite right Kev? The Pro series where MIK, German Starbass series where made in Germany( I beleive). The Rockbass series are made in China as I understood.
Mine is the MIK pro series with a WPS G prefix. Confusing lol.

Edited by Highfox

Another difference is the fretboard.
Korean is Wenge, Chinese is Rosewood.
Hard to tell from the picture above. Is that an actual picture or a stock picture.
More pictures, and serial number will help to clarify.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1405756318' post='2504926']
[/quote]

If that is the case, the specification on post 3 is incorrect.

My understanding...

Rockbass, made in China.
Pro Series, made in Korea
WGPS Pro Series (2013 or 2014), parts shipped to Korea for assembly

This bass is the second one I believe, and is not a Rockbass, unless it says so on the headstock.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1405771675' post='2505111']
My understanding...

Rockbass, made in China.
Pro Series, made in Korea
WGPS Pro Series (2013 or 2014), parts shipped to Korea for assembly

This bass is the second one I believe, and is not a Rockbass, unless it says so on the headstock.
[/quote]

Strange isn't it:

My understanding:
Rockbass, made in China - [b]agreed, although newer Rock Basses no longer state Rock Bass on the front of the headstock[/b]
Pro Series, made in Korea - [b]agreed, was the case, now all discontinued I believe.[/b]
[b]- That is to say there is no Korean Pro Series in manufacture any more and there are now the Chinese Assembled WGPS.[/b]

WGPS Pro Series (2013 or 2014), parts shipped to Korea for assembly -[b] slightly disagree - parts shipped to China for assembly.[/b]

Leaving the confusion aside this is listed as a Pro Series Star Bass / Not the Cheap Made In China Version.
Specs are then quoted as Rockbass and Rosewood fretboard.

It can't be both a Korean Star Bass with these specs, if a Korean Star bass the Fretboard should be wenge.
Hard to tell from the pic what material the fretboard is.

Another difference is on the Korean bass the frets are Bronze, on the Chinese Star Bass the frets are[color=#474747][font=arial, verdana, sans-serif] what Warwick describes as ‘extra high jumbo nickel-silver frets' - from the picture I have to say the frets looks more like nickel than bronze to me.[/font][/color]

Edited by bagsieblue

I believe the new Rockbasses have rockbass on the truss rod cover :)
. You are right that the new German pro series are assembled in China!

The serial number begins WPS so this one is definitely made in Korea, so in summary the spec list on here (and Thomann) seems to be wrong. I would post the right list but i am on my phone!

Anyway,point is this is a top quality Warwick with all the German electronics and hardware, I would if I could!

Edited by Kev

Also the arched bodies and backs on the Koreans against the flat of the Chinese.
I think the OP's is indeed the Pro series Korean model.

Mine on the other-hand has the WPS G serial, is from 2011 as far as I can tell, has the bronze frets, wenge board and arched top and back and reads handcrafted in Korea on the label inside the body.
Where there really 2 Pro series of Starbass?

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1405777610' post='2505170']
I believe the new Rockbasses have rockbass on the truss rod cover :)
. You are right that the new German pro series are assembled in China!

The serial number begins WPS so this one is definitely made in Korea, so in summary the spec list on here (and Thomann) seems to be wrong. I would post the right list but i am on my phone!

Anyway,point is this is a top quality Warwick with all the German electronics and hardware, I would if I could!
[/quote]

Ok - on the Rockbass Truss Rod, the big white Rockbass Logo has now been removed.
The spec is right on Thomann - for the Chinese made Star Bass.

I can't disagree that it is a Korean Star Bass - I don't know which one this bass is - if we take it that it is Korean then the picture and spec are wrong.

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1405778137' post='2505178']
Also the arched bodies and backs on the Koreans against the flat of the Chinese.
I think the OP's is indeed the Pro series Korean model.

Mine on the other-hand has the WPS G serial, is from 2011 as far as I can tell, has the bronze frets, wenge board and arched top and back and reads handcrafted in Korea on the label inside the body.
Where there really 2 Pro series of Starbass?
[/quote]

No - not been 2 Pro Series.
I think you are getting confused on the serial number. WPS = Warwick Pro Series., then next letter is the month (A= January, B = February etc....), on mine the B signifies February.
On yours Highfox I believe the G on yours means July.
So your serial number is [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WPS G XXXXX - not to be confused with the new Warwick range of [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]WGPS series.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TraceAmp - apologies for the thread derail but important to get the detail right to help your sale I think.[/font][/color]

I think the G on yours is actually referring to yours being built in July, particularly if there is a space between the letters. Confusing indeed! But I think there has only been one Korean series.

Edit : beaten to it! ;)

Edited by Kev

Sorry for the confusion!
The Picture above is not a stock Pic, this Photo was made by myself.
The StarBass comes in 4 Versions:

Version 1:
Made in Germany

Version 2:
Warwick German Pro Serie (WGPS)
crafted in Germany, assembled in China

Version 3:
Warwick Pro Series WPS (Fully Made in Korea)
Discontunied

Version 4:
Rockbass Version (Fully Made in China)

The Bass above is a ProSeries (Made in Korea). It comes with a Wenge fretboard.
The Serial begins with WPS B-XXXX.

The only difference between a Made in Germany Bass and a Made in Korea Bass is the used wood for the Body and some cosmetical details. The Hardware, Frets and the PUs are identical! I replaced the cheap Poti-Knobs with the original high-mass metal-knobs.
For more detailed Pics of the Bass above klick [url="http://www.musiker-board.de/reviews-bass/470001-bass-warwick-star-bass-5-proseries.html"]here[/url]. It is the same Bass!

Edited by TraceAmp

I own a Korean made Warwick and have owned quite some german Warwicks and can tell you the korean versions have probably been discontinued for being too good for the money.
This beautiful star bass will be an amazing instrument to own and play. The quality is really top notch.

With Thomann currently dumping korean wicks for insane prices atm (for instance a new streamer LX 6 is just 745 quid) it might be pretty hard to sell this right now for 950 though.