Why become a member? ×

'76 Fender Precision [SOLD]

05qcdy202

I'm selling my 1976 fender P in brown. Serial Number: 641011. Currently has badass II bridge but i have all the original parts which are included in the sale. Sounds and plays great.

Here are the only pics i have at the moment but i can give more on request. Open to offers (or suggestions of pricing :))

[attachment=11112:_MG_8453.jpg]
[attachment=11113:_MG_8457.jpg]
[attachment=11111:_MG_8452.jpg]

Thanks.

N.

Edited by 05qcdy202

Wor, smashing.

I have absolutely no idea what this is worth, so I must add this inane post so I can get instant notification of updates when someone chips in with a price. No doubt there's a way of doing it without posting etc etc.

OK - as you made the invitation - my opinion , which is worth exactly the same as anyone else's but worth far less than that of a bloke with a wad of cash who wants to buy it. I have the former but no desire to do the latter so there's no 'self interest' edge to these comments

The market's not hot , the colour won't suit everyone , it's mid to late 70's which will put some off (needlessly but that's how it is)
For a kick off - put the original bridge back on , keep the Badass or flog it for £30. If you can sell the bass with the badass put the Fender bridge on Ebay as a vintage part and try for a silly but possible price like a £60 B I N. Offer to ship to the US and Japan and make a decent mark up on the postage.

Tha bass

If I liked it as a player with one eye on it's investment value and got it for £600 I'd be pleased - under that is bargain territory

If you get offers of above £700 you should be pleased too

In the right shop window with the right customer it's above a grand but I think you'll be very fortunate indeed to hit 4 figures. I hope you do , but I'd have to have a snigger at the buyer.

Edited by Dr.Dave

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='246183' date='Jul 23 2008, 03:27 PM']If I liked it as a player with one eye on it's investment value and got it for £600 I'd be pleased - under that is bargain territory

If you get offers of above £700 you should be pleased too[/quote]

Vunjos (?) guitar on Denmark street has three early mid -70s p-basses (two naturlal, one black, all in reasonable nick but not stunners)...asking price £1,600 and upwards.

Silly money if you ask me but they woudn't be asking for it if they couldn't get it somehow.....

Nice bass - good luck selling it!

Here are some more pics for your viewing pleasure. :)

[attachment=11414:IMG_0723.jpg]
[attachment=11415:IMG_0724.jpg]
[attachment=11416:IMG_0726.jpg]
[attachment=11417:IMG_0728.jpg]
[attachment=11418:IMG_0730.jpg]
[attachment=11419:IMG_0732.jpg]

[quote name='carlosfandango' post='246191' date='Jul 23 2008, 03:40 PM']Vunjos (?) guitar on Denmark street has three early mid -70s p-basses (two naturlal, one black, all in reasonable nick but not stunners)...asking price £1,600 and upwards.

Silly money if you ask me but they woudn't be asking for it if they couldn't get it somehow.....

Nice bass - good luck selling it![/quote]

2nd hand prices are occasionally hugely inflated down Denmark St due to the London factor, as well as the fact it’s in a shop and that they’re gonna try their luck to see if they can find a rich buyer who doesn’t really understand what they’re buying as well as current market trends.
‘Denmark Street Guitars’ have been trying to sell a Trace Elliot V4 combo for £1800 for the last year or so, and fundamentally it’s 2nd hand. To put that price in perspective, there’s one selling for £1k on there at the moment that looks to be in really good condition, but some people are saying that it’s still overpriced at £1k, let alone £1800.

This bass looks to be in fantastic condition though, so it should achieve a price towards to top end of the current market value, but I don’t really know what that would be at the moment.

[quote name='BassKS' post='251173' date='Jul 30 2008, 11:42 AM']Where are you based? Can I have a play? If its the real deal Im selling my warwick Streamer for it.....[/quote]

I'm up in Bradford, yorkshire.

No problem at all.

Cheers.

N.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='251175' date='Jul 30 2008, 11:44 AM']2nd hand prices are occasionally hugely inflated down Denmark St due to the London factor, as well as the fact it’s in a shop and that they’re gonna try their luck to see if they can find a rich buyer who doesn’t really understand what they’re buying as well as current market trends.
‘Denmark Street Guitars’ have been trying to sell a Trace Elliot V4 combo for £1800 for the last year or so, and fundamentally it’s 2nd hand. To put that price in perspective, there’s one selling for £1k on there at the moment that looks to be in really good condition, but some people are saying that it’s still overpriced at £1k, let alone £1800.

This bass looks to be in fantastic condition though, so it should achieve a price towards to top end of the current market value, but I don’t really know what that would be at the moment.[/quote]

I lived in London for 30 years before happily escaping to the south coast in 2000. In all of the time I was a working musician in London, Denmark Street prices were hugely over-priced; they were then and they still are now..

IMO, anyone who spends their hard-earned on guitars in Denmark Street has more money than sense!

Back on topic, this is a lovely bass and good luck with the sale!

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='dmz' post='251653' date='Jul 30 2008, 09:08 PM']Lovely looking P-bass - very John Deacon !

If I didn't have a Nash P-bass on the way I'd be all over this.

Best of luck in your quest for a buyer[/quote]

Thanks very much. Someone had this bad boy stored under a bed for ~30years!

• 3 months later...