Why become a member? ×

New PRS Bass guitars!

Weststarx

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1403820253' post='2486903']
I'm very disappointed. If I were a guitarist I'd get a PRS, I think they look and sound great.
The basses look very uninspiring though :(
[/quote]
Agreed. Exactly the same as the Parker Fly instruments -- the guitars look amazing, the basses look... meh.

[quote name='BassHappy' timestamp='1403704339' post='2485469']
It's $799 for the Kingfisher and $749 for the Kestrel.
[/quote]
And despite the healthy exchange rate, by the time they've made their way to the UK that'll translate as "£799 for the Kingfisher and £749 for the Kestrel".

Edited by UglyDog

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1404229393' post='2490536']

Agreed. Exactly the same as the Parker Fly instruments -- the guitars look amazing, the basses look... meh.

And despite the healthy exchange rate, by the time they've made their way to the UK that'll translate as "£799 for the Kingfisher and £749 for the Kestrel".
[/quote]

I doubt they'll be that much. They won't be US made so their prices and conversion will have little to do with our prices. I imagine they'll be priced to sit alongside the electric guitar SE range which is between £500-700. Maybe £649 and £699?

• 4 months later...

I've reviewed one and actually they feel good and play nicely. The review model sent to me was a Kestrel - id like to try the Kingfisher too. Great fit and finish, I think the instruments have been built to a good standard. They don't of course match up to the likes of the Gary Grainger model PRS bass which is just brilliant.

• 1 month later...

Right, having tried in vein to find a store near me with one I can go and try, I've hit the button and ordered a Kestrel (Merry Christmas from me!). If it plays nice I do intend to modify it, if not it'll go back to the shop within 14 days.

I was surprised that even one of the larger UK retailers who have them on their site would not bring one in to their shop nearby for me to try without a non-refundable deposit as a commitment to buy (whats the point in having the store?). So I don't expect these will have much resale value, but as it ticks a great many of the boxes I want ticked, I'm going for a punt. look out for a NBD post from me soon...