Why become a member? ×

oh my god......The bass of my dreams

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1402568905' post='2474814']
It's not a "why do you like them?" question. For me it was more a "what makes this bass more special than any other Fender Jazz?" question. I could understand it if the OP had actually had a go on the bass in question and it was an awesome sounding and playing instrument, but it's just some photos in an eBay listing. So what is it?
[/quote]

Be fair - I'm sure it plays almost as well as a modern CNC millimetre perfect Mex built one!

It's not a "why do you like them?" question. For me it was more a "what makes this bass more special than any other Fender Jazz?" question. I could understand it if the OP had actually had a go on the bass in question and it was an awesome sounding and playing instrument, but it's just some photos in an eBay listing. So what is it?
[/quote]

Exactly my point.

I also have to agree ....to me it looks like an ordinary jazz bass. I mean of course it's ok if you like jazz basses, but doesn't it look like thousands of other basses you get to see all the time?

(Plus it's from the 70s, so stay the hell away from it. :D)

[/quote]

ive posted this reply once already on this thread, but just for you I'll post it again......

Horses for courses mate......I started playing bass in 1974 at the age of 11, all I ever wanted in them days was a real Fender jazz..it took me the best part of 10 years before I could afford one, Ive loved them ever since.

The older jazzers evoke a feeling for me that I cant really explain other than to say, that every time I pick one up, or see an old vintage jazz ,that feeling of the first time I owned one comes flooding back.

For me its not about money or making money on old vintage guitars, it's the way they make me feel.....but hey...each to his own

[/quote]

It's because it's white. Think about it, how many white Mondeos do you see? They're just a little bit special.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1402845864' post='2477187']
I'm saying that jazz basses are as exciting as Mondeos. Almost. And the white ones are just a little special, like the needs of their owners.

Big smiley goes here.
[/quote]

Unbelievable.......... :facepalm:

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1402845864' post='2477187']
I'm saying that jazz basses are as exciting as Mondeos. Almost. And the white ones are just a little special, like the needs of their owners.

[/quote]

Thanks, that comment really made my day... :lol:

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1402867949' post='2477478']
I do enjoy the snobbery on here sometimes, some people love to go on pretty much every Fender thread to lets us know they like weird stuff, good for you,
[/quote]

I find it kind of refreshing....I'm more used to the opposite. Also I don't think anyone here means any harm, to me it's just a bit of harmless argy-bargy.

Btw, my favorite instrument is a white P-bass (though no Fender)....not sure if that really qualifies as "weird stuff". ;)

I do enjoy the snobbery on here sometimes, some people love to go on pretty much every Fender thread to lets us know they like weird stuff, good for you,
[/quote]

So if it's not Fender, it's weird?

The point you're missing here is that one Fender Jazz looks much the same as another Fender Jazz, barring the colour. The ebay forum is going to get pretty bloody boring (not to mention unreadable, and full) if every time a different Jazz bass is put on That Ebay, it gets posted up as a dream bass.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1402918423' post='2477810']
So if it's not Fender, it's weird?

The point you're missing here is that one Fender Jazz looks much the same as another Fender Jazz, barring the colour. The ebay forum is going to get pretty bloody boring (not to mention unreadable, and full) if every time a different Jazz bass is put on That Ebay, it gets posted up as a dream bass.
[/quote]

I never said it was a dream bass for everyone, I said it was my dream Bass....you want to disagree, no problem.....each to his own

[/quote]
I do enjoy the inverse snobbery on here sometimes. Some people love to go on pretty much every thread, Fender or otherwise, to let us know they don't like Wals and Alembics. Good for you.