Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz. Maybe a bit too expensive for todays market.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I'd love to know how these people get on with such ads. For that sort of money it would have to have a pretty bombproof provenance of being owned and gigged by a legendary player, which tends to transform such objects into pieces of art rather than just a bass.

Still, fools and their money and all that . . . .

Sorry to be a party pooper but this has been advertised for ages on eBay and Gumtree and on this occasion the seller has just accidentally added a digit. Everywhere else it is for sale at £3895 not £38,950. See here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1969-70-CBS-VINTAGE-USA-FENDER-JAZZ-BASS-FIESTA-RED-REFINISH-HARD-CASE-/181402542248?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a3c6f20a8

Mind, its not worth that either IMHO given its a refin!

I did wonder about the possibility of a typo, but surely the first thing anyone does when posting an ad is to read the ad themselves?

Still who knows who is out there and what might happen? Decades ago, My F-I-L acquired a very valuable Purdey shotgun from a small ad. The advertiser had inherited it but had no interest in shooting. But he knew it was worth a few bob and was also a photography enthusiast so advertised it as exchange for an expensive Leica camera. F-I-L phoned immediately to ask exactly what model of Leica the chap was interested in and confirmed that he had that exact model in new condition and verbally confirmed the deal.

He then went out and bought a brand new camera before completing the transaction, with both sides presumably being delighted. For those not familiar with Leica and Purdey prices, a Leica will run into a few thousand pounds but a Purdey will run into many TENS of thousands of pounds.