Why become a member? ×

Mini Bass Bash in West Sussex - Sunday 31 August 2014

silverfoxnik

Hello again,

There was a lot of really nice gear there yesterday so in advance of any photos, a couple of mentions whilst I remember..

Andy's ACG Recurve 5 was really beautiful, and sounded great through his Taurus head and Schroeder 1212..

A very lovely '66 P bass courtesy of Steve..

Also, a very cool looking Reverend Rumblefish bass (I think?), Ollie's gorgeous Ibanez Musician, Phil's lefty '79 Jazz, jhk's Goodfellow and Chimike's Tokai Hardpuncher, to name but a few.

On the amp front, there was some cool Boogie gear in the house which was FAB to see and hear, Andy's Taurus and Josh's Markbass F1 impressed me in the lightweight head dept.

But most of all, Chimike's Trace Quatra valve head through my Altec Lansing loaded 1x15 cab, was just wonderful!

Major GAS attack now! :)

[quote name='Bassman Steve' timestamp='1409567861' post='2540860']
Glad you liked the bass Nik. I'll make contact with MIke so the K140 can be handed over for some experimentation.

I had bought it because I recall reading that Norman Watt-Roy used them in the cabs he had made back in the early days of the Blockheads.
[/quote]

Sounds great - thanks Steve :)

[quote name='rumblefish' timestamp='1409571677' post='2540937']
Thx Nik [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]& Lorraine for organising a v[/font][/color]ery enjoyable Sunday Bass Bash,great to meet up with some fellow players and check out the gear and stuff and my wife was impressed that I did not buy any more gear. :)
[/quote]

Glad you enjoyed it Rob and am impressed that you didn't buy any gear... There was some very tempting stuff there though I have to say :)

Hi Folks

OK, having done the sums, we've a surplus of £62.35 from yesterday's Bash that we can donate to charity (after paying for venue costs and refreshments).

John (Kiogon) was saying to me when he and i were chatting that he'd be quite happy if any surplus was donated to the disability charity I work for called Enable Me (www.enablemeproject.org.uk).

However, before doing that, I wanted to check in with you all to see if you are happy with that idea?

To give a bit of background, Enable Me is a disability awareness raising charity that provides opportunities and support for disabled people. It's a small charity and I am the CEO, having been here since it started in 2005. Loraine (Mrs Silverfoxnik) also works for the charity from time to time and she runs our film/animation workshops which are specifically for the benefit of children & young people with autism & learning difficulties.

Enable Me has benefited before from donations from the South East Bash on a couple of occasions over the years, and that's because I've put it forward for consideration.. Obviously, I think it's a worthy cause, but then again - I am rather biased.

So, please have a think and let me know your thoughts,

Thanks

Nik