Why become a member? ×

Mini Bass Bash in West Sussex - Sunday 31 August 2014

silverfoxnik

[quote name='andyonbass' timestamp='1409422436' post='2539606']
Would it be a breach of protocol if I bought along couple of bits and bobs that I am thinking of putting in the classifieds, in case anyone wants a "Bash Bargain"? (I have paid my £20 btw)....
[/quote]
You needn't think you're putting your old crap in my boot Andy!

Only joking :rolleyes:[size=4] [/size]

[size=3]
[size=4][quote name='andyonbass' timestamp='1409433066' post='2539736'][/size][/size][size=3]
It's high quality cap I'll have you know ;-)[/size]
[size=3][/quote][/size]
I thought you were gigging tonight Andy - is it the break?

[quote name='andyonbass' timestamp='1409433306' post='2539743']
Yep! Managed to give the groupies the slip!!
[/quote]
Dare I ask how it's going? :ph34r:

Sorry, getting well OT here! You can tell me tomorrow in the car...

Edited by JapanAxe

Morning Folks :)

Today is the day n' all, so here's the updated list of lost souls, strays & waifs, gear geeks and other general sad losers (i.e. me), who've said they've got nothing better to do so they're coming to today's Bash:[list=1]
[*][b]Silverfoxnik[/b]: Levinson Blade B15, Schecter Diamond P5, BC Rich Eagle, Hughes & Kettner Bassbase 600 head, SWR Triad, 2 x Peavey 15's with Altec Lansing drivers, a modded Encore P bass and some FX
[*][b]Loraine[/b] (silverfoxnik +1)
[*][b]JapanAxe[/b]: Ampeg SVT 3 Pro, BF Compact & Midget, '73 P, G&L L1505, Fender Pawn Shop Mustang [Marshall AVT20 + skinny-string guitar]
[*][b]KiOgon[/b]: solderless wiring kits
[*][b]Kaz[/b] (Ki0gon + 1)
[*][b]kristinaelias[/b]: 'Clarence' my Squire CV 50s P, Epi Thunderbird Pro iv, Danelectro Wild Thing, Fender Bassman TV10.
[*][b]Chimike:[/b] a little valve amp in the car, JIC
[*][b]jhk:[/b] Eden gear, Yamaha & Goodfellow basses
[*][b]Bassman Steve[/b]: Boogie Bass 400 and diesel 2x15/18, Boogie 400+ and the Walkabout and some Precisions
[*][b]Andyonbass[/b]: AGC Recurve, AGC J Type fretless, ATS LBA500, Tuarus qube and ATS 450) Schroeder 1212L and ACG Recurve (Subject to space!)
[*][b]r16ktx:[/b] Dingwall combustion
[*][b]r16tx[/b] +1
[*][b]johnnylager:[/b] P Bass, Spector, pedalboard and bass-theft in mind, HartkeFaced
[*][b]johnnylager[/b] +1
[*][b]jakenewmanbass:[/b] Alembic, and some most excellent 'blathering'
[*][b]phil.c60:[/b] '79 Jazz bass and Ampeg Rocket bass combo + a Little Mark 3
[*][b]Happy Jack:[/b] gigging on Friday & Saturday nights, so I'll bring whatever is in the van
[*][b]Bluejay[/b]
[*][b]Captain Rumble:[/b] Sandburg pj moded mim jazz Tecamp 350 and barefaced s12t
[*][b]ChunkyMunkey[/b]: - Musicman Bongo 4HH, Yamaha TRB1005, Ibanez SR800 (w/Barts. Super Pedulla mimic), MarkBass F1 head, MarkBass 2x10
[*][b]Lee Marsden[/b] – re Nik: 2 basses
[*][b]Spaners[/b]: 4 short scales and a P, one of the shorts is a Landing L1 couple of ashdown VS cabs, TC BG250 2X8 , CTM15 , home built tube head , couple of modded combo's, my pedal board and an extension cable
[*][b]Olliedf89:[/b] Bringing my two pedal boards, GK 210/700, Ibanez Musician and probably two ATKs, maybe a Lakland 44-01
[/list]
Any other late-comers very welcome, of course..

So, that should mean (according to today's newspapers) that Tom Cleverley, Shinji Kagawa, Anderson, Fellaini etc, etc, who've all got nothing better to do either, will probably be joining us before the transfer window closes later.. :D

Sorry, couldn't resist a gratuitous MUFC ever so slightly true and depressing in-joke... :(

Anyway, see you all in a few hours time I hope!

Nik

Hi again,

I forgot to say that the hall is nowhere near local shops to get lunch/ refreshments etc, so there will be some:

Tea/coffee/herbal tea
Squash
Pastries

On sale today, for those who need it.

However, if you need more sustenance, there's a local Tesco store about 5 minutes away by car..

Nik

Jack and I will get on the road later this morning - after The Gig From Hell on Friday evening and a great but tiring gig last night.
Not sure we'll be able to arrive in time to catch Jake's talk, so if anyone can take a pic or two of him, I can then add them to my mini-blog of the mini-bash :)
See you later!

Edited by bluejay

Hi Folks..

I'm at the venue and have encountered a bit of serious problem!

One of the 2 rooms here that I'd planned to use today is now unavailable to us, so it's going to be a much, much tighter squeeze in the hall than is desirable.

So we're all going to have to be really, really nice to each other.. :)

One thing it will mean is that we won't have a separate space for Jake and Jack's talks, so we will have to improvise as we get to it.

Really sorry about this folks; I hope it's not going to spoil your enjoyment of the day?

Nik

A quick thanks to everyone who came to the West Sussex Mini Bash today and helped make it such an enjoyable day!

Thanks also to jakenewmanbass and Happy Jack for their talks, which were informative as well as being really practical and helpful.

Have to also thank bluejay for her help with everything leading up the Bash in terms of social media stuff and to Loraine (Mrs Silverfoxnik) for doing such an amazing job keeping everyone fed and watered..

Will try and put some pictures up later tonight when I've recovered.

Nik :)

A big thank you to Nick & Lorraine for hosting the Bassbash. Great atmosphere, very interesting talks, & some very friendly people, a couple of whom very generously allowed me to play a couple of stunningly gorgeous 'real' Ps, thanks guys! Really enjoyable day, gosh I have alot more practicing to do.

Thanks Nik for all your hard work organising things, I had a great day - I also thought Jake's and Jack's talks were interesting and informative, and everyone was very friendly. As the token left-winger unfortunately I couldn't take up the many kind offers of "have a go on this", but I did get to try some very nice cabs especially a Barefaced Super 12. I've been trying to justify buying one of these for a while, and I can feel the pull getting stronger........