Why become a member? ×

KRAMER DMZ4001 - Aluminium neck
£595

Amo

Hey guys,

Bought here back in December, this bass sounds absolutely terrific.
Sadly, I'm selling it because I have an EGC coming my way and can't afford to keep both.

I'll copy-paste the previous owner's decription because it's spot-on:

[indent=1][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]" The DiMarzio pickup (hence DMZ) combines with two mini toggles to give an astounding number of tonal options, from Precision to Stingray (I kid you not).[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Given this is 35 years old, it it in phenomenal shape and comes with a new luxury gig bag. Like Concorde, there will be no more aluminium-necked basses, so get yourself a piece of history that's cool-looking, not too expensive and above all playable."[/font][/color][/indent]

Selling it for the exact same price.

Pictures:

It sounds exactly like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2IFIN946x8

I'm based in Belgium but will be happy to send it (I have experience in packing instruments and never got any issue).

Cheers,
Amo

Edited by icastle
Links fixed.

This may be a DMZ4000 - the pickup surround does not appear on the DMZ4001. I have a 4001 and it tends to be my bass to go. Clarity of the notes combined with no dead spots is outstanding. The DiMarzio pickup is one of the best P pickups I have encountered. Tuning stability is excellent and I have not suffered any issues with temperature changes on stage. Bump for what is an increasing rarity - unlikely to be made again.

[quote name='Henrythe8' timestamp='1401724165' post='2466184']
Where in Belgium ?
[/quote]

Brussels !

For the ones concerned about the weight, it's really not that bad. It weighed at 4,7 kilos on my bathroom scales.

Thanks 3below for the bump !

If you guys have questions, I answer way faster if you PM me.

Edited by Amo

[quote name='gub' timestamp='1401909725' post='2468267']
Love this! Didn't mick karn play a fret less one?
[/quote]

He played an aluminium neck Travis Bean. I passed on buying a Kramer back in the early 80s and wish I hadn't. GLWTS.

[quote name='Amo' timestamp='1401199069' post='2461030']
Like Concorde, there will be no more aluminium-necked basses, so get yourself a piece of history
[/quote]

Will your EGC not have an aluminium neck?

Looks awesome, wish I could afford it :)

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1402512446' post='2474330']
Will your EGC not have an aluminium neck?

Looks awesome, wish I could afford it :)
[/quote]

As written, I took the previous owner's description. Should have taken that out, you're right.
Of course my EGC will have one, it will be full aluminium :)

Edited by Amo

• 1 month later...