Why become a member? ×

New band name.

leschirons

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401215047' post='2461356']
Er... isn't that [i]The Beetles[/i]..? :D
[/quote]

Couldn't be. I said it had never ever been used before - in any language. :D
However, that is not the good part. The good part is that Leschirons has called himself Leschirons for who knows how long - probably without most of us knowing that a chiron is some type of coléoptère. Impressive as well as funny in my book. :)
Though: I don't know what [b]he[/b] means with the name.

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='jmchich' timestamp='1401209989' post='2461236']
Les Creusets?
[/quote][quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1401210425' post='2461248']
I don't think they are that heavy
[/quote]

Bump for a class gag. But no idea for a name, sorry.

[quote name='skankdelvar' timestamp='1401295167' post='2462194']
Bump for a class gag. But no idea for a name, sorry.
[/quote]

People need to learn not to ask serious questions on this forum. It rarely ends well. See the "vegetarian bass player wanted for sessions" thread...

Okay, time to explain a couple of things.

leschirons is simply the name of our hamlet (Les Chirons) but as one word. The name, (in this case) originates from the discovery by a French astronomer, of a pair of cold dark bodies that were circling a larger star. He decided to call these dark bodies "Les Chirons" This was an old French term for "The guardians" and also a word commonly used in days of yore for "Centaurs" who were teachers, and guardians of the lands of Magnesia.

Regarding the band name, it looks like I may have already been out-voted as the other three are rambling on about being down to the last three choices, none of which are mine, or yours. Looks like I may be stuck with being a member of.....

"Fifty / Fifty" (two French two Brits) :blink:
"Press-play" :mellow:
"French connection" :huh:

Bastards.

However, thank you all for putting some time and thought into helping with the name suggestions.

Edited by leschirons

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1401394689' post='2463298']
"Fifty / Fifty" (two French two Brits) :blink:
"Press-play" :mellow:
"French connection" :huh:
[/quote]

Well those names are all [i]merde [/i]and you can tell 'em I said so. :(
[size=4]Especially 'French Connection'. That one is [/size][i]totally [/i][size=4]lame. Sorry.[/size]

[size=4]Even 'Dodgy Prostate and the Roastbeef Frogs' is better than that.[/size]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401394892' post='2463300']
Well those names are all [i]merde [/i]and you can tell 'em I said so. :(
[size=4]Especially 'French Connection'. That one is [/size][i]totally [/i][size=4]lame. Sorry.[/size]

[size=4]Even 'Dodgy Prostate and the Roastbeef Frogs' is better than that.[/size]
[/quote]

You don't need to tell me that. I know they're sh*te but then again, I'm just the bass player. You know, the nobody at the back who tells the drummer to slow down, tells the guitarist what chord he's missing, and then, how to play it and also tells the singer what key she could actually sing this or that song in.

I play in a duo with Bev, the girl singer from the band and even when there's only two of us, I seem to get mentioned as the bloke that plays with Bev. At least two different posters for the duo only mention the singer as the act. I'm just grateful that someone will have me ;)

I'm thinking of changing my name to Peter Brady. :lol:

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1401396413' post='2463320']
I play in a duo with Bev, the girl singer from the band and even when there's only two of us, I seem to get mentioned as the bloke that plays with Bev. At least two different posters for the duo only mention the singer as the act. I'm just grateful that someone will have me ;)
[/quote]

Actually 'French Connection' would be quite appropriate for a boy/girl duo. :)

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1401396718' post='2463329']
The Invisible Man's name was Griffin...
[/quote]

You're right of course but I was refering to the TV series I remembered as a kid rather than the original.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1401396882' post='2463331']
Actually 'French Connection' would be quite appropriate for a boy/girl duo. :)
[/quote]

Boy? girl? ha ha, we have a collective age of 113 :lol: and will be shortly embarking on the "Smell of urine" tour.