Why become a member? ×

Terror bass and ideally sp212 (or another small cab) users

wally8

Hi All

Really interested in down sizing from a head and 4x10 to a smaller rig as im regularly playing in a friends cover band which play small pubs doing the usual crowd pleasing stuff. Very good but loud drummer and 2 x guitarists. Quite like the terror bass sound and the sp212 i played through the other day.

Just wondering on audibility with a knee height rig in very close prox to you playing? You know what its like in some of these small pubs where you're basically standing on your amp and no monitors. I have no doubt the terror bass and the sp212 is loud enough, nearly blew the shop up playing it but just wondered on user experience in a live setting as explained.

Cheers, ben

Hey Ben, hope all`s well? I`ve not used that set-up in a band, but have seen our very own Burrito use it, and it was plenty loud enough out in the audience. He had a case made up for the cab, think from Flightcasewarehouse, with castors on, and the cab sat on top of that, so that could be a way of doing things to avoid deaf-knee syndrome. Or another way, get a hard case for the head/leads/strap etc, and stand the cab on that.

Cheers guys. Will look into that. All super ta lozz. Singing in a metal band at the mo so my bass playing is restricted to my essex mates pub/function band which is still fairly regular around 2x a month. Still lugging the old peavey 4x10 and firebass about. You still in sunny Hemel?

Edited by wally8

There's a great lightweight TecAmp 2x12 cab up for sale on here at the moment, I'd be looking at that + the TB if I were you.

My setup for the last 3 years has been the TecAmp L410 + TB. Immense, and laughably lightweight!!

Hi Ben - Loz mentioned my old rig (just sold it recently after 4yrs solid gigging with it) and I had flightcased it. The lid came off and I'd take it out the tray and stick it on top of the flightcase shell. It was *never* a problem. I only sold it as I wanted the more period correct look of the Ampeg and the Orange stuff was worth more so I could get some money back. If I didn't have the flightcase you could always put it on an amp stand, a crate or a table. Job done :)