Why become a member? ×

EAD Foundation 2x12 SOLD!!
£800

[size=5][color=#B22222]***Reduced to £700***[/color][/size]
This is a rare opportunity to buy the Rolls Royce of Bass Cabs, it is with a heavy heart that I am offering my EAD Foundation 2 x 12 up for sale, simply because I am exclusively playing upright these days, using a Headway pre-amp directly into the PA, and with the possibility of a new Double Bass looming, I feel it is time to move this on... :(
This is a solid unit, with a stunning build quality that is second to none, no corners have been cut in materials and workmanship, this cab will last a lifetime!
Extensive research has ensured that all the components used provide a perfect reproduction of the signal fed to the cab, what you hear is exactly what goes in, only louder! The clarity and depth of sound is staggering!
As you may know, these are no longer in production, I believe the cost in time and components required to maintain such high standards proved not to be viable in the long run, so this is a perfect opportunity to become a member of a very exclusive club!!
I could find no marks or scuffs or dings when taking the photographs, the Roqsolid cover it came with from new having done its job, plus those of you who know me will (hopefully) testify that I look after my gear.

I will take [s]£800[/s] £700, I'm afraid I don't have the time or resources to pack this up and post, but it might be possible that some arrangement could be made to deliver or meet half way depending on time/distance considerations. Pick up from Swindon would be preferred, where it can be given a blast before handing over the hard earned! The kettle is always on!!

Here's the EAD website
[url="http://www.extendedaudiodesign.co.uk"]http://www.extendedaudiodesign.co.uk[/url]

Check out the specs below

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]SPEAKER COMPLIMENT[/font][/color]
[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]2x12" Bass drivers 6.5" mid driver & HF horn[/font][/color]

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]IMPEDANCE[/font][/color]
[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]4 Ohms[/font][/color]

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]POWER HANDLING[/font][/color]
[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]500 Watts RMS (1000 Watts Peak)[/font][/color]

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]CROSSOVER FREQUENCY[/font][/color]
[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]800hz & 3.5 kHz[/font][/color]

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]FREQUENCY RESPONSE[/font][/color]
[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]35 Hz to 20 kHz[/font][/color]

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]SENSITIVITY[/font][/color]
[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]102 dB SPL[/font][/color]

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]WEIGHT[/font][/color]
[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]57 lbs / 26 kg[/font][/color]

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]WIDTH[/font][/color]
[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]20.75in. / 52.7 cm[/font][/color]
[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]HEIGHT[/font][/color]
[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]24.60in. / 62.5 cm[/font][/color]
[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]DEPTH[/font][/color]
[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]17.12 in. / 43.5 cm[/font][/color]

[color=#6C737A]Pics![/color]

[attachment=162993:IMG_0020_2.jpg] [attachment=162994:IMG_0021_2.jpg] [attachment=162995:IMG_0022_2.jpg]

[attachment=162996:IMG_0025_2.jpg] [attachment=162997:IMG_0023_2.jpg] [attachment=162998:IMG_0016_2.jpg]

Edited by andyonbass

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Need to top up the double bass fund bump!
Used this last night. Its far too articulate for my double bass playing - shows up my sloppy technique! It really sang on the couple of numbers I used the fretless bass guitar though :)
I will be taking this to the West Sussex bash on Aug 31st if anyone fancies a go, but in the meantime, I am off work for a couple of weeks, so there is a possibility of delivery or meet up halfway if it doesn't clash with my "Dads Taxi" commitments!

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1408168705' post='2527715']
Killer cab,
Great price,
Collect from around Swindon (ish),
What's not to like?

Glwts matey, c'mon folks sack off your scroeder and get a 'proper' cab ;)
[/quote]

Spoken by a true gent with The Knowledge!

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1408169871' post='2527720']
Swindon :P
[/quote]

Lol!! :D

I have heard this cab used in anger, and can confirm that it sounds excellent. In fact I have played through it too! It lacks nothing you would want from a bass cab, whether on bass guitar, skeletal EUB, or full-on doghouse.

Somebody buy this now so we don't have to fit it in the car for the Mini Bass Bash on the 31st - or come to Littlehampton and buy it there, so we don't have to bring it back to Swindon!

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1408306995' post='2528895']
I have heard this cab used in anger, and can confirm that it sounds excellent. In fact I have played through it too! It lacks nothing you would want from a bass cab, whether on bass guitar, skeletal EUB, or full-on doghouse.

Somebody buy this now so we don't have to fit it in the car for the Mini Bass Bash on the 31st - or come to Littlehampton and buy it there, so we don't have to bring it back to Swindon!
[/quote]

Lol! Thanks Graeme - fivers in the post!!

Down to 700 now, for one week only! It can be tried and tested at the [url=http://basschat.co.uk/topic/237819-mini-bass-bash-in-west-sussex-sunday-31-august-2014/]West Sussex Mini Bash[/url] next Sunday (31st) and after that it is off to one of our Bass emporiums for a commission sale.... It really needs to be seen and heard to appreciate how good it is!
Get in quick! Delivery options as above for this weekend.