Why become a member? ×

New TC mini pedals

sk8

They look great! I would have added a mini switch to choose from TC´s own preset or TonePrint option (2 in 1).

But the TonePrint option means that the possibilities are endless (if they share the same internal organs as their big brothers).

[quote name='Byo' timestamp='1400271927' post='2452592']
They look great! I would have added a mini switch to choose from TC´s own preset or TonePrint option (2 in 1).

But the TonePrint option means that the possibilities are endless (if they share the same internal organs as their big brothers).
[/quote]

Just watched video on youtube from andertons with tor, and they have the same inerds some have more features than there bigger brothers.

Andy

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1400310240' post='2452736']
Just watched video on youtube from andertons with tor, and they have the same inerds some have more features than there bigger brothers.

Andy
[/quote]

Thanks Andy!

Once I saw on TC´s web the videos I found ProGuitarShop´s video too.

So many possibilities with these pedals... really considering the Mini Flashback and Mni Corona.

GuitarGuitar has them in stock already... GAAAAS!

Ordered the Mini's!

Got on the way the Mini Corona Chorus, Mini Flashback and (the not so new) Mini HOF reverb.

I have downloaded the TonePrint editor too, looks like you can do anything you want on the pedal.

I will keep you posted.

Byron.

[quote name='Byo' timestamp='1400875199' post='2457879']
Ordered the Mini's!

Got on the way the Mini Corona Chorus, Mini Flashback and (the not so new) Mini HOF reverb.

I have downloaded the TonePrint editor too, looks like you can do anything you want on the pedal.

I will keep you posted.

Byron.
[/quote]

do you know if you can add to the pedals, ie can you setup to sounds like they do in some of the toneprints that they have?

andy

whenever I see these ridiculously sized pedals, I imagine a tiny neat little pedal board, light and easy to carry.......and a huge heavy valve rig behind it with a couple of back-up basses on stands.

Is the size of ones pedal [i]really[/i] that important?

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1401124030' post='2460312']
Very interested in the mini flashback.
Anyone have experience of the audio-tap function? Works well?

Si
[/quote]

I have tried the normal Flashback and I own the mini and it is a great feature to have and soooo easy.

When you hold your foot down the pedal mutes itself while you do the tap/strum thingy... let go and ready to start.

I tend to have more rhythm in my hands than my feet anyways... LOL

[quote name='Byo' timestamp='1401131331' post='2460441']
I have tried the normal Flashback and I own the mini and it is a great feature to have and soooo easy.

When you hold your foot down the pedal mutes itself while you do the tap/strum thingy... let go and ready to start.

I tend to have more rhythm in my hands than my feet anyways... LOL
[/quote]

Problem with the feature is you can't correct the tempo while playing. So say you set it to your drummer, then start playing. Inevitably it will go off-sync. With normal tap tempo you can keep correcting it as you play, with this feature you can't because it mutes you (unless you have some pauses in your playing along the way).

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1401485333' post='2464225']

Problem with the feature is you can't correct the tempo while playing. So say you set it to your drummer, then start playing. Inevitably it will go off-sync. With normal tap tempo you can keep correcting it as you play, with this feature you can't because it mutes you (unless you have some pauses in your playing along the way).
[/quote]

Yeah, thought there might be a downside ;)
I still might take a look at one, but not in a massive hurry, my DM-3 is doing a fine job currently.

Si

Given the choice between a full-size Flashback (over which I am still humming and hawing) or a mini one, I would take full-size any day. Do I really want to get my phone out to change from '2290' model to 'Tape' model, or to set the note value on the tap tempo? No I most certainly do not.

Totally with you JapanAxe, if you need various delays it is not ideal. The X4 would be the best if you really need to go from preset to preset.

The phone beam thingy works but sometimes, if there is some white noise in your signal (bad cabling) it will not re-program the pedal. Only happened twice in a friends rehearsal space (bad cabling) so imagine in a noisy venue...

I use the mini's in conjunction with the PC Editor to create presets that you would probably not find in other pedals in the market.

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1401485333' post='2464225']
[/quote]

True, but maybe that means you need to get a new drummer too... LOL just kidding.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1401125386' post='2460334']
whenever I see these ridiculously sized pedals, I imagine a tiny neat little pedal board, light and easy to carry.......and a huge heavy valve rig behind it with a couple of back-up basses on stands.

Is the size of ones pedal [i]really[/i] that important?
[/quote]

On some of the stages I play, a PT nano (which is loaded with 1590A pedals, a touch smaller than the TCs) is the biggest pedalboard I could get away with.