Why become a member? ×

FS Musicman Sterling, B/B/M * Finally Sold!!!*
£780

stingraybassman

With an impending wedding and a spare room filling up with guitars I need to move on this beautiful example of a Musicman Sterling.

Its a very early one by my calculations, 5 bolt neck plate and serial number on bridge. Still has the mutes on the bridge. Just re-strung with some Rotosound Swingbass 66s (45-105).

Its in really good condition, some slight buckle rash on the back of the body (photographed) the neck has aged to a beautiful orange tint. Some lovely patches of birdseye as well. It plays really fast, low action and that killer musician tone. Its a painful one to move on as I've not had it too long, but I can't justify having it right now. Truss rod works perfectly, electronics are quiet as a mouse as you would expect. Its really been worn in to perfection, someone will be very happy with this bass. As my username would suggest I am a Stingray guy; but this stands up to it in every way imaginable.

It has a non original hard case that is built like a tank, still has the keys.

Will happily post at the buyers expense, any inspection and tryouts are welcome. Based near Stoke, rehearse in Derby and work in South Manchester. Will happily meet up within a reasonable distance.

Straight sale preferred at £700 but would consider the below in px;

TC RS cabs - Preferrably the RS212, but certainly interested in the 210 and the 112.
VT bass pedal (Mk1, 2 or even the deluxe one)
DHA overdrive

Edited by stingraybassman

Gorgeous, amazed this is still here (yes I KNOW it only came up yesterday.
Um, good song but you gotta GIVE ME THE MARSHMALLOWS :P

If my unmentionable sells in time........................

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='stingraybassman' timestamp='1399883723' post='2448496']
Im in Chorley later as well Karl!!

Lucky for you its not in my car, good luck with the unmentionable. Is it easy to sell your other half these days?

:)
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:
No, can't even get anyone to trade a Kay for the Mrs :ph34r:

Oh, I see. No, the unmentionable is a kind of bass.

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1399880203' post='2448461']
If my unmentionable sells in time........................
[/quote]

That was quick :lol:

Always liked the look of a Sterling, ceramic pickup, lighter body and switching - somewhere between a Stingray and G&L.

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1400701841' post='2456310']
Always liked the look of a Sterling, ceramic pickup, lighter body and switching - somewhere between a Stingray and G&L.
[/quote]

They are lovely! They play great, feel great and sound great! The only reason I traded mine is that the sound just didn't work in my current band.

I did think about changing bands, mind... :D

[quote name='stingraylover' timestamp='1401301165' post='2462259']
Hi. Can you tell me the main difference between the Stirling Stingray and the standard Stingray in sound?
[/quote]

There are plenty of articles that go into lots of depth. The fundamental differences are; smaller body, slimmer neck (more jazz bass) and the 3 way selector. You can run the pickup in series, parallel and single coil modes. Parallel gives you something very close to a stingray, series mode has lots of thump and growl to my ears. Oh it has 22 frets to the stingrays 21 as well!!

Im sure the anoraks on here can go into more detail should you require it.....

Edited by stingraybassman