Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Peavey MKIII 300 watt bass amp complete with footswitch - SOLD
£100

Shonks

[size=6]SOLD![/size]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]very powerful amp, and underrated regarding output. Much louder than contemporary amps with the same spec. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]This amp can run between 16 ohms to 2 ohms [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]just serviced by EMS in Southend. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]a few mods on the amp. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]a spring loaded handle on the end and rubber feet on the other so it can be carried like [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]a Trace Elliot type amp. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]A Euro plug fitting is added so a regular kettle mains lead can be used. ( used to have a hardwired main cable coming out the back. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]This amp was bought from new and well used over the years. [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Still loud and proud and never let me down. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Some amazing advanced features on this amp [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Two independent channels two separate preamps with independent volumes switchable with a pedal - A or B or A+B [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Switchable Compressor [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Bi amping - attenuable [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Switchable graphic [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]direct input to power amp [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]send and returns [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]made in the USA - a lot of 'bang for the buck'[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Shonks

Oh my, why is Essex so far away. Having owned a fair bit of peavey kit since 1981 I agree "[color=#666666][font=verdana, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Much louder than contemporary amps with the same spec." .[/size][/font][/color]

Me neither, look at the large heat sink, listen to the silence since there is no fan. Enjoy the benefits of circuit boards with large tracks and full size components. If it goes wrong then it can be repaired at little cost. This is a steal for someone.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/86424-peavey-400-mark-iiiiv-appreciation-thread/page__st__30__p__1415657__hl__peavey%20mark%20iii%20400__fromsearch__1#entry1415657

Awesome beasts, deeply unfashionable like most other Peavey stuff. Shame.

Good luck with the sale :)

quite a few enquiries regarding shipping.

I'm happy to ship it and I'll post the details (size weight) of the unit here later - thank for all the positive comments!

Edited by Shonks

hi folks, here's the amps spec:
H = 22cm
w = 63cm
D = 29 cm
weight: 15 kg
size will be slightly more in a box with padding + the foot switch (got the pic off the web as it looks similar)

the switch with mine is a channel select switch: A, or B or A+B
A - regular 3 band eq + graphic (switchable) vintage basses sound great here
B - parametric eq + graphic (switchable) very modern sound, even these days.

the switchable limiter applies to both channels

Edited by Shonks