Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN!
£600

M-Bass-M

About a year ago, I had a major GAS attack for some old school 1980's Trace Elliot goodness. The result was an MP11 pre-amp and RA500SX Power Amp.

[b]MP11 Digital Graphic EQ Pre-amp[/b]
[b]​[/b]The main feature of this pre-amp is the 11-band digital graphic eq. Rather than turning knobs, you increase or decrease the desired frequency using the buttons underneath the display. Once you have your desired EQ shape, then you can save this to 1 of the 10 user presets. These presets can either be recalled by pressing the corresponding button on the head, or they can be controlled using the midi footswitch.

There are two inputs on the front, in all honesty I haven't worked out whether they are active/passive inputs, or just two separate inputs.

On the back panel there are In, Through and Out midi connections, which I do not know what they do. There's a balanced DI XLR output, line in, line out and effects loop.

[b]RA500SX Power Amp[/b]
This is an old-school 3U power amp, so it's very heavy! It has two channels, which I'm guessing put out 250 watts each at 4 ohms. Each channel can be run separately with separate inputs, or run in bridged mono mode. There is a built in cross-over, allowing you to bi-amp the power amp with channel A as high pass and channel B as low pass.

For both items, including the 6U Gator flight case, I'm looking for [b]£575[/b]. Due to the weight of this thing (20kg+!) this is for collection only, although I could possibly travel up to 20 miles or so to meet up (I'm just off J7 of the M62).

I'd much rather sell these both together, so I'd always listen to offers for the both of them together before individual offers. The MP11 (inc footswitch) I'm looking for [b]£425[/b], and [b]£180[/b] for the RA500SX.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by M-Bass-M

Thanks for the comments guys.To be fair andybassdoyle, it's the power amp that is the heavy bit, the MP11 is actually fairly reasonable in weight. Couldn't tell you exactly, but at one point I had thought to pair it up with one of the lightweight class D power amps that Crown make.

I too bought an MP11 and footpedal due to gas! It's like owning a piece of bass history! If you remember how much you wanted one back in the day, it's a great feeling to actually own one!
The pre on its own is very light for something oldschool, but then it's only a pre-amp section, and all the heavy gubbins is in the power amp!
Fortunately these days their are options which won't break the back.
If I didn't have this combo already I'd be all over this deal... It took me quite a while to get the foot-pedal separately at a reasonable price. Good luck with the sale!