Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer ProM 5, On Hold/Impending Sale

NJE

Hello,

Anyone who has been reading the thread knows whats going on but basically, I put this bass on Ebay a while a go and pulled the auction because I was [u]very stupid [/u]and didnt put a reserve on. I then put the bass up for sale on here with my MusicMan and had a few offers from people, but before I had chance to make a descision a trade came up with my MusicMan.

I put the Warwick on hold while I waited for the trade as I was unsure what the new bass would be like. SO! the MusicMan is now gone and in its place is a lovely Roscoe Beck V (thanks Ian) and I am still in a tricky finacial spot so the Warwick is [u]officially for sale[/u]

This is a Warwick Streamer ProM 5 string. A brilliant bass 97 model as far as I can remember. It is in fantastic condition and has very recently been upgraded with black hardware right down to every nut and screw. The original hardware was by no means in bad condition, I just liked the idea of the black on the natural body, and I will of course include all the original hardware in the sale

This is a fantastic bass and has a lovely neck which is in no way way big and chunky. (very slim compared to the new Fender) it is quick and a pleasure to play. The B string is fantastic and really growls and has great punch, and the string spacing is lovely and made the transition to a five very easy. The body is flamed maple with a satin finish which will require the occasional waxing ( I will include the pot of wax I have). I spent over £100 on the black hardware for the bass barely a couple of weeks ago but that is just going to have to be my loss.

I would like somewhere in the region of [s]£450[/s] [b]([s]NOW £400[/s])[/b][i][/i][u][/u] [u][b]£380[/b][/u]. I am on the net most of the day so PM me if you would like any more info. I will try and get some more pics up later tonight.

[attachment=10762:warwick_front_.jpg]
[attachment=10763:warwick_on_floor.jpg]
[attachment=11380:font_head.jpg]
[attachment=11379:warwick_front3.jpg]
[attachment=11381:warwick_back.jpg]

As I said, I am in a bit of a financial pickle at the moment so this needs to go. The only reason this is going over the fender is that I actually find the wider spacing more comfortable as I have very big hands. Also it may sound odd, but I am not a small chap and the warwick looks very small on my frame and a little silly on me. The fender on the other hand is massive and fits a lot better, those were the only negatives I could think of when deciding. I have some feedback on the feedback thread from the recent trade for anyone interested as well.

Many thanks,

Nathan

Edited by NJE

I thought that the Streamer was sold on EBay yesterday?? [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Warwick-Streamer-ProM-Natural-Flame-Maple-Body_W0QQitemZ190236111439QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190236111439&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318"]EBay SOLD??[/url]

I am probably going to get a load of grief for this and loads of people saying I am dishonest etc etc, so apologies in advance.

both bases went on ebay and were doing really really well up until yesterday. I thought there would be a last minute bidding rush like I have had for every other sale on ebay but it never came. I gave my very good friend a call last minute and got her to put a bid on last minute, as there was no way In hell I was going to let someone get them for the amount they were at. Basically a reserve without a reserve as I forgot to put one on.

So I still have them both and i have put them up for sale on here. I dont want to seem dishonest, I have A* feedback on ebay Im just not letting £1000 worth of instruments go for £500.

If anyone wants to pick up the basses they are more than welcome, I prefer to trade face to face to make sure everyone is happy and make sure the bass is safe.

Thanks,

Nathan

Yeah I know, it was not the right way to go about things but I was in a real panick and didnt know what else to do.

anyway apologies i just thought it best to be honest and i hope it doesn't put anyone off.

Thanks again,

Nathan

ye i have to say these two particular brands of bass in current market are not the best ones to put on a no reserve auction on ebay, i cant speak for the warwick but any stingray that sells for less than £600 is just criminal imo

[quote name='BassManKev' post='239173' date='Jul 14 2008, 02:16 PM']ye i have to say these two particular brands of bass in current market are not the best ones to put on a no reserve auction on ebay, i cant speak for the warwick but any stingray that sells for less than £600 is just criminal imo[/quote]

I have seen a few rays hang around on here but eventually sell, so i thought ebay would be much better. I am NEVER!! going no reserve again after last nights near heart failure.

Somehow I have managed to own the two basses that seem to be very out of fashion at the moment. What puzzles me is where all the NEW MusicMan basses are going? I mean if no one will pay even 600 for mint ones (and there have been some stonkers on here) whos going to pay £1100. Crazy!!

to be honest i expected it a bit with the warwick as I know the market is slow for them, but I still dont understand why though, they are stunning instruments. Ah well the joys of no-one having any cash (me included)

Cheers

second hand bass market is just on its arse thats all, even rare/ltd edition stingrays on here and ebay aint selling for much more than £700, which again is just a joke, i know i wont be lettin mine go for less than £800, not that id be sellin my ray anytime soon, certainly not in the summer when the sun is on it makin it sparkle away :)

Edited by BassManKev

To be honest the way things are looking I might just keep the pair. Its wierd, looking at them both on here I find myself Gas-ing after my own basses.

PS that 5er is a stonker. congrats.

[quote name='NJE' post='239184' date='Jul 14 2008, 02:27 PM']I have seen a few rays hang around on here but eventually sell, so i thought ebay would be much better. I am NEVER!! going no reserve again after last nights near heart failure.

Somehow I have managed to own the two basses that seem to be very out of fashion at the moment. What puzzles me is where all the NEW MusicMan basses are going? I mean if no one will pay even 600 for mint ones (and there have been some stonkers on here) whos going to pay £1100. Crazy!!

to be honest i expected it a bit with the warwick as I know the market is slow for them, but I still dont understand why though, they are stunning instruments. Ah well the joys of no-one having any cash (me included)

Cheers[/quote]

To be honest the market isn't that bad for warwicks. I put my Streamer LX4 up on gumtree and within 2 days I had an offer of a US Fender Jazz Delux 5, a US fender Jazz S1, a GL 2500 and cash and an offer of £550 cash which I accepted. I dare say I probably could have got a bit more for it if I had wanted to wait but Im happy with the price.

Hello all,

Just a quick update as I have been out of action and without internet for about a week.

I am in the process of doing a trade with the MusicMan for a very nice looking Roscoe Beck V which will hopefully all be sorted in the next couple of days, so for the time being it is not for sale.

The Warwick is also on hold for now. I dont know what the Roscoe Beck will be like so until I get it and put it through the usual tests, I dont know if I will sell the warwick. If the Beck works out great the warwick will be back up for sale, here first and then Ebay if there are no takers. If the Beck is good and I cant decide which is best for me I am going to keep them both.

Thanks for all the interest and PM's so far. I think I have replied to everyone but let me know if not.

I will update again as and when the Beck turns up.

Many thanks,

Nathan

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='244630' date='Jul 21 2008, 05:52 PM']Good luck with the Roscoe Beck V! I've got one and I love it but they seem to have divided opinion on here recently...

Nice Warwick by the way..[/quote]

Yeah... I'd be keeping mine if I had use for the B string and didn't have a Shuker coming. A 'ray will come in much more useful to be honest (altough a bongo 4HH or Beck VI are on my hit list!)...

Sorry for all the too and frow on this but a descision has been made.

The bass is for sale and I am after somehwere near £450. Please see my original post which has been updated for more info.

Many thanks everyone.

Nathan

Just a wee note to say that Nathan's a great guy to deal with (and I'm glad to see you're enjoying the RBV - the 'ray's a blinder too mate!).

Having tinkled a Streamer Pro-M 5 in the past (and still owning a wenge necked Warwick) this'd be a real find for somebody. Love the black hardware!

Ok the bank situation is slightly worse than I originally thought so final reduction [b]£400[/b][u][/u]

If there is no interest registered soon then I will ebay it (with reserve this time) as I am getting desperate to shift this on.

Many thanks,

Nathan

Did you try posting it on the Warwick forum? Pro-Ms aren't made anymore so there might be a few collectors with a wad of cash waiting! :)

I've just spent a pile of money on a new Thumb, otherwise I would have taken this. Have a bump anyway...

RB

Thanks for the comments from everyone.

This really is a great bass but I am really getting desperate to sell and do not want to resort to Evil-bay. May try the warwick forums as suggested if there are no nibbles at all.

I will consider offers, will send the bass if needed. If it helps the sale I can throw in a Hiscox hard case which is very clean and tidy.

Many thanks,

Nathan

[quote name='simondee' post='255411' date='Aug 5 2008, 02:19 PM']would love to help you out but I bought the red pro-M off here the other week.

I'm sure the warwick forum boys will help. I'm SO doing the black hardware thing you did on both of my new Streamers :)[/quote]

I would say definately go for the hardware, bet it would look lovely with the red. It is pretty cheap to do, very little effort and warwick were a pleasure to deal with. Post up in the build section if you go for it.

Cheers

Nathan