[center]Vintage Reissued Series V4 Bass.[/center]

[center]John Hornby Skewes version of the P Bass.[/center]

[center]A very playable, decent quality and good value instrument.[/center]

[center]Excellent condition and well set up.[/center]
[center]Everything works as it should.[/center]
[center]The Wilkinson hardware and pick ups are all good.[/center]
[center]Impressively good finger board, fret work and neck.[/center]
[center]Truss rod works perfectly.[/center]

[center]The paint work is in lovely condition with the exception of some black marks to the edge of the body (visible in the pics); I’m assuming this has been caused during storage/transportation in the gig bag.[/center]

[center]A really good punchy P bass sound.[/center]

[center]Currently strung with round wounds with plenty of life left in them.[/center]

[center]New price for this model was £279, so I’m asking what I think is a very reasonable £125.[/center]

[center]I’m happy for BC’ers to visit for a viewing/try out.[/center]

[center]I'm in Hertfordshire.[/center]

[center]Bank Transfer or cash would be great. Pay Pal but the buyer takes the hit for the fees.[/center]

[center]There is no hard case so I would rather not post. If you do want it posted, then I will remove the neck, carefully pack and send by overnight courier at a cost of £15.00. Some zones/areas will incur an extra charge, which can be discussed.[/center]

[attachment=159071:030.JPG][attachment=159072:031.JPG][attachment=159073:033.JPG][attachment=159074:034.JPG][attachment=159075:039.JPG][attachment=159076:042.JPG][attachment=159077:048.JPG][attachment=159078:049.JPG][attachment=159079:056.JPG]

Edited by gary mac

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1396683659' post='2416321']
A back up for sale bump.

It's not much to ask but It be would hugely appreciated if potential purchasers ensure that they have the means to pay.
[/quote] FFS is a nightmare when that happens anyway I doubt this will hang about to long Gary :)

[quote name='Number6' timestamp='1396685922' post='2416351']
I think for the money these Vintage basses are very good quality and this looks like a great example at a superb price GLWTS
[/quote]
Cheers Number6.

[quote name='Pestie' timestamp='1396694985' post='2416476']
Hello Gary

Could you please tell me the rough weight of this please, and, where in Hert's do you live?

Thank you

Mike(Pestie) I am in full possession of the required funds ;)
[/quote]

Mike, it's about 9.6lbs.

Gary's a friend, so I'd be happy to deliver this to anyone in the London/South/Southeast/East-Anglia area. So do talk with me before posting, Gary.

Gary's a top guy. He very fair and if he says this is good, it's good. Buy with confidence.

[quote name='yondergo' timestamp='1396900700' post='2418611']
Any idea what the neck pockets are like on these basses? I've been umming and ahhing about getting one and banging my MIK E10 squier neck on it.
[/quote]

I had one of these for a while and the neck was the nicest feel and profile I've ever had on a P bass, and I've owned a couple of USA P's too.
I wouldn't dream of putting a Squier anything near a V4. Really.
Mine had such a tight neck/pocket join it would've made Lakland proud.
I wish I still had it, only sold it to help fund a new build. That didn't happen. Awesome.

Trev Wilkinson really knows his onions (he did work closely with and was friends with Leo Fender y'know) and he's designed a killer P that requires nothing for not much dough with the V4.
Hats off.

Good luck with the sale.