Why become a member? ×

What have i done? (Fridge content - NCD)

Raslee

Ampeg Fridge that be :P
It's been a roller coaster of emotions finding my reggae rig over the last 6 months. I was nearly there with my brief spell with Eden but i wasn't getting the volume with that particualr set up, shame as that sounded soooo good too. Anyhow moving forward, a recent score of an SVT pre amp that i paired with my 1500W Carvin gave me the sound i was looking - fat warm round reggae vibes with nice definition.

I yoyo'd back and forth on cab choice, weight v's neo's etc, and financial crisis delayed some potential leads over the last few months (sorry if that was you)...just about to deal then bloody car troubles, followed by guilt that i needed to buy baby stuff for Raslee baby number 2.
Then came the mantra of 'i simply can't afford a chiropractor' ......so after a spate of decent fortune in true captain contradiction style here she is :yarr: , the heaviest & heaviest sound to date:

([i]Actually i'm quite chuffed to bits really, loads easier into the car than i expected - especially after watching a cheesy youtube vid on how to load your 8x10......So all groovy as long as i never play it anywhere with stairs or any lifting - it will, however, bulldoze walls down i guess...will probably be for sale next week :lol:)[/i]

Edited by Raslee

You can't beat a fridge really. I love 'em. No doubt you've considered a BF '69er? Expensive but relatively light.

The weight thing has become more important for me since having a hernia repair (which I keep banging on about, I know) but nowadays when I pick up heavy gear I can feel me guts shifting about, which is unsettling to say the least. :unsure:[size=4] [/size]

Nice score, though! :)

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1395138315' post='2398997']
I went to see one of my favourite bands play a small fairly imtimate venue this past Sunday.

The bassist had the traditional SVT/8x10/P Bass.

It sounded amazing. I was right near the front on the bassists side so I wasn't just hearing PA.
[/quote]
I must admit to dreading the first outing, but at home is sounds bloody awesome :)

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1395347907' post='2401501']
if like me you have helpful band mates then there really no problem, moving an 810 with two of you is easy.

andy
[/quote]
Hey fellow Plymouthian with an 8x10, cool ;). Yeah they're good band mates at the start of the night :D

I've never owned an Ampeg 810 but I did own the Trace Elliot one, the mighty 1084. I could have ruled the world with it!

I don't miss it's bulk and only ever did a couple of shows as I was offered twice the money I'd paid so sold it but it was probably the best sounding cab I ever owned. I'm not sure which model Celestion was inside but they were great.

Congrats on your cab, hope you enjoy! :D