Why become a member? ×

new radio pack needed

bobbytodd

I think the Stageclix system is not far out of your budget, it's digital so no worry about licenses again as it's digital no loss of the lowest frequencies and they are supposed to be indestructible.....the only thing to be aware of is with active bases you may have to run a small link cable to move the transmitter away from the bass (I built a short lead myself which works perfectly)

Nice work, you'll love it. With the Thomann's discount price, there is nothing that comes close... and when you see the absolutely fantastic constuction of the all metal transmitter, you'll be well chuffed.

The only thing which may be worth mentioning at this stage, you get a euro plug adapter if you buy from Thomann... so you may want to invest in a 9v centre negative adapter if you haven't got one already, or take a feed off your pedal board power (if you use one), or use a euro converter plug.

Yes, since it's the only time I can ever recall buying something that could only be powered by batteries not having a set supplied.

Of course at the sub £200 Thomann price I can't really complain, but if I'd paid the full £350 (IIRC) I'd have been more than a little upset.

I wonder what the score is with these Sony units anyway? Are they being phased out or something? Seems odd that they are not really readily available any more and Thomann are bashing them out at bargain prices... Sony were really pushing them at NAMM also, so it all seems a bit odd.

Maybe Thomann have negotiated and exclusive deal which accounts for the lack of availability elsewhere and the super low price they can offer them at.

I'm also wondering what the deal is with the two different PSU voltages. If the unit is capable of running on 9V (and you can power it from batteries if you wanted) why then the supplied PSU at 12V? Does it have more range with 12V. Anyone know?

baxshop in the NL has the Sony dwz b[b]50[/b]gb marked for availability in 15 weeks.
For the dutch readers:
http://www.bax-shop.nl/instrument-draadloos/sony-pro-dwz-b50gb-draadloos-systeem-voor-basgitaar/product-details.html

Edited by Bolo

well my new Sony DWZB30 landed yesterday and its worth every penny of the £188 it was easy to set up and to my ears has better sound quality than the Freeport.only tested I in the house so havnt pushed the range on it hopefully it wont have the same delay the Freeport had as you got further away.so far im well chuffed with it.my only gripe is the europlug but thanx to this forum I was pre warned and went and bought a new power pack

The Sony's transmission delay is sub 3ms - so any delay you get when you are further away is not due to the unit itself but the fact that it takes time for the sound to travel to your ears from further away!

Glad you are enjoying the unit, it's a monster, especially for the Thomann price