Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So I bought a Fodera...

JazzBassfreak

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1393936019' post='2385953']
Very true that... Taste is obvioiusly subjective but quality is undeniable.

I can appreciate the craftsmanship that's gone in to a bass regardless of it's resemblence to an ironing board...
[/quote]

Maybe Anthony wanted a bass that would indeed double as an ironing board . If he is on tour and wants his shirts to look nice, it could be a very handy way to kill two birds with one stone! :lol:

[quote name='Dingus' timestamp='1393935644' post='2385947']
It just goes to show you how tastes can differer, because I think that AJ Presentation model is absolutely beautiful, and have done right from the first moment I saw it. I like the way that essentially it is styled like an acoustic guitar, albeit a very big one. The new hollow body Fodera is even more exquisite.
[/quote]

Yes, this is what I thought about it. If you consider it from an acoustic instrument aesthetic and forget what electric basses are "supposed" to look like, it's an attractive instrument. I would expect it to be a joy to play with that level of attention to detail as well.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1393922494' post='2385746']
Glorious bass JBF. Being just a midges dick behind Mr. Magoo I failed to spot the dinks on this wondrous machine.
Basswood? Fender Japan use it rather a lot and there are few complaints about them ;)
[/quote]

Evidence m'lud, of Japan using Basswood! Not up there with a Fodera, but many would happily use one, especially with a decent (subjective :lol: ) amp.
[url="http://www.theguitaremporium.com/Fender-Japan-PB62-FJ-PB62.htm"]Fender® Japan PB62[/url]

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1393882333' post='2385515']
. I am just not a fan of P pickups in general. Just being honest.
[/quote]

Maybe over time, seduced by the dulcet tones of the EMG/ Fodera combo, you will start to enjoy the old split pickup and a whole new world of prospective bass purchases will be opened up to you!

Whatever happens enjoy your new bass- it looks great!

Cheers

Ed

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1394318583' post='2390339']
Vic did the same to one of his I think
[/quote]

Don't lie that's a picture of your bass taken at a different angle :P :lol:

[quote name='JazzBassfreak' timestamp='1394318506' post='2390337']
Yup! Problem? Sounds awesome. Love the non solder EMG pickups
[/quote]

I didn't realise they sounded different tbh. Thinking about it, I can see why they do.

Edited by Myke