Why become a member? ×

What's the best pedal tuner?

nash

I have a Korg Pitchblack I use for guitar, which is fine but no match for my Digitech Hardwire HT6 guitar and bass tuner. I just strum my 5 stringer and can see instantly if anything is out of tune. A brilliant bit of kit. The only down side is its size. Check em out on Youtube.

Loving my turbotuner - expensive though if you get stung for import duty as well. Bombproof, simple to use, compact, and v accurate. Sometimes I get a bit of a 'pop' when engaging, but this might be my pedal board power supply / sh*tty patch cables that are the issue as It didn't happen when I used it alone.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1392630890' post='2370715']
Take that back.... mine broke this weekend mid rehearsal, footswitch started misbehaving. Funnily enough I've had this happen twice on other TC pedals. Time to order a TU3, anyone got one going spare?
[/quote]

If its just the bypass swtich failing, theyre true bypass, so shouldnt be a hard fix if you have a soldering iron.

Edited by elephantgrey

[b] [size=6][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][color="#000000"]Boss TU-3 Chromatic Tuner Pedal. I've used this one for a few years now and not had any issues with it. I did dally with a strobostomp tuner but the first was faulty and i took it back and got another which i tried before leaving the shop and that too was faulty so got a refund and stayed with the boss.[/color][/font][/size][/b]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][color="#000000"][size=1]Jazzyvee[/size][/color][/font]

Korg Pitchblack happy bunny here! Very accurate, fast tracking, great to see in either a dark stage or in sunlight, true-bypass (doesn't suck signal or cuts your sound in the event of a battery failure - sorry TU-2/3 users...), metal chassis, easy battery access if you use one, daisy chain for other pedals, has choices for different layouts and the pitch can be set (so A=/= 440Hz if you ever need it).

Main plus, it's cheap!!! :D

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1392462207' post='2368987']
Just got a Polytune mini to save space on a little board and it seems cool so far, some slight noise problems with it being a digital pedal in a power daisy chain. But changing it's position in the effects chain seems to have eleviated that.

Si
[/quote]

Where did you move it to Si?

I've always stuck mine at the front of the chain.

However I noticed a little bit of hiss when I had a wireless unit on my little board recently. It seems venue specific though, it was fine at home but a bit hissy on a gig.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1392630890' post='2370715']

Take that back.... mine broke this weekend mid rehearsal, footswitch started misbehaving. Funnily enough I've had this happen twice on other TC pedals. Time to order a TU3, anyone got one going spare?
[/quote]

I've got two that aren't being used - I'll get them listed tomorrow!

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1392679759' post='2371654']
I've got two that aren't being used - I'll get them listed tomorrow!
[/quote]

I bought this one[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/229959-boss-tu-3/page__pid__2370502#entry2370502"] http://basschat.co.u...02#entry2370502[/url], had rehearsal the next day, time was of the essence!

They won't be hanging around for long :)

Edited by CamdenRob