Why become a member? ×

Wal 5 on eBay

Dazed

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1391802361' post='2361575']
Not sure about the 4k price though..........

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301086250818"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301086250818[/url]
[/quote]

Having heard a Wal 6, it's probably worth it. Don't tell the seller though :ph34r:

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1392143878' post='2365313']
It's a bit optimistic. For 4k I would expect it to be perfect! Or am I being picky??
[/quote]

No, not really. You could take the view that for a little more you could get a new one built to your own specs, but you'd probably have to wait a year to get it. I'm surprised the seller hasn't at least got a new pickup screw from Paul to replace the missing one. His bass is obviously from Pete Stevens' era, so to some that would make it more desirable. Bottom line, that's the value he's placed on it, and if someone loves it enough, it will sell. Good luck to him, they're great basses.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1392208505' post='2365927']
With a waiting time of almost a year and a half, if you have a used one to sell, that is in good condition, you can charge a premium for the buyer to be able to own it now.
[/quote]

This... If the right 6 string MK III had been available on the second hand market I'd have bought that instead of ordering one.

I have to say that mine is nicer than that and definitely in much better condition. If someone offered me £4000 for it I'd bite their arm off.

That's a ridiculous price, and anyone who wants a 5-string Mk.II can definitely and easily do better than that.

All of which said, if he can find a buyer at that price then good luck to him. A fool and his money ...

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1392215241' post='2366030']
I have to say that mine is nicer than that and definitely in much better condition. If someone offered me £4000 for it I'd bite their arm off.

That's a ridiculous price, and anyone who wants a 5-string Mk.II can definitely and easily do better than that.

All of which said, if he can find a buyer at that price then good luck to him. A fool and his money ...
[/quote]

Yours is a beautiful example, definitely nicer than this one.