Why become a member? ×

SOLD :( 1983 USA Fender Jazz Std - Black/Maple - Ex Cond - £850-£950 with Hard Case Options
£950

xilddx

Massive car MOT bill so I'm having to sell my beloved 1983 USA Jazz and buy a Fender Japan Jazz to free up some cash.

This really is a superb Fender Jazz, it sounds big - deep with a snarly high end - with what I am told are sought-after Smith era pickups with the white covers. It's all original and was born on the 29th July 1983 according to the neck stamp.

It's in great condition - a few small dings and knocks here and there but nothing deep or through the paint, the neck is very clean.

The neck is standard narrow Jazz width and shallow C profile, it's very, very comfortable. It had a small walnut side shim which I reckon was factory fitted, but I have replaced it with a sliver of plectrum - it's honestly not an issue and string vibration in the headstock is excellent, and the neck socket is well cut and tight. It is a four bolt plate and also has Fender Microtilt adjustment for optimum neck pitch. Action is low and smooth and there is loads of life in the frets. The neck lacquer is in near perfect condition. Tuners are the original part-enclosed Fenders and they are stable and accurate.

It has the original single piece pickguard in single-ply white which has slightly aged to off-white, as have the Strat-style control knobs. I had Howard the Bass Doc make a gold pickguard for it which looks superb and is included in the sale.

I have recorded with and regularly gigged this bass for about a year, it has never let me down and I've had numerous compliments on its sound from bassists and punters, although my POD X3 is obviously part of that sound.

[u][b]PRICE & CASE OPTIONS[/b][/u]

[color=#ff0000][b]For £950[/b][/color] you get a nearly new Fender SKB moulded case with two keys which I bought from Lozz on here. It's a perfect fit and offers extremely good protection.

[color=#FF0000][b]For £875[/b][/color] you can have it with the OHSC from my mate's Fender Japan Power Jazz Special (a road worn (Fender we believe) Tweed case with no branding) but you'll need to collect it from me in Ealing, west London as I don't trust it to hold up through the courier system.

[color=#ff0000][b]For £850[/b][/color] you can have it with no case but you'll need to collect it from me in Ealing, west London.

[b]No trades, sorry. [/b]

I prefer cash on collection, or bank transfer. If you arrange and pay for a courier to collect it from me I will pack it securely for you. You are more than welcome to visit me at home in Ealing (or at a Kit Richardson gig) to have a play on it.

Feedback threads for me are here :

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/45741-feedback-for-silddx/page__st__30__p__2266991__hl__silddx__fromsearch__1#entry2266991"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2266991[/url]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/212578-feedback-for-xilddx/page__p__2251128__hl__silddx__fromsearch__1#entry2251128"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry2251128[/url]

Edited by xilddx

[quote name='Joe86' timestamp='1391176771' post='2354167']
That's gorgeous. I've never seen the one piece scratch/control plate before.
[/quote]

Thanks man. They were only on the early 80s USA Standards as far as I know. Some people hate the one-piece PG, but I think they look really cool :)

[quote name='bassbbq' timestamp='1391891477' post='2362418']
hmmm, lovely, a perfect brother for my 83 P.
If i only had an Idea how to arrange a courier to germany ...........
[/quote]

I'm sure I can sort something out mate. But you'd need to buy it with the Fender SKB case for me to confident of it getting to you safely. So £950 plus shipping. Let me know if you're still interested and if you are, PM me your address so I can work out shipping options and costs.

Cheers, Nigel.