Why become a member? ×

8-10 socket extension leads. need advice on best quality..

We can never have enough sockets for our electric gadgets. I intend to buy the above sometime before the weekend. Obviously, power surge protected. I also want something that fits chunky transformers .
Looked on the usual sites, but am undecided.
What do you use, or recommend?

Cheers

Why do you need to power 8-10 gadgets at the same time? While those transformers are plugged in they're still using power and heating up.

If it's for pedals, maybe look at a single power distribution unit.

Edited by TimR

i power my amp (studio amp) from a separate socket, kettle lead straight into the plug, but everything else is on those extensions mentioned above. you're right about never having enough, i must have about 30 sockets available and i'm still running out...

Edited by tedmanzie

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1390986007' post='2351890']
Domestic leads are white, so whatever you get, go for the professional look and get it in black. Then the leads won't stand out on a dark stage.
[/quote]

The op is using them at home. B&Q ones are fine, not sure why they need to be surge protected though. Maybe he lives in a lightning prone area?

I bought a bunch of black 4gang sockets from our local wholesaler and several meters of black flex and made up a few for gigs. Some 5m, 3m, 1m and some 30cm ones. Makes setting up lot more flexible as you can position the power pretty much where you need it with minimum excess cable.

I use a power distribution block that came out of an old 19" computer rack. The power my band uses never comes close to 13 amps (so is safe on one socket), and it allows us all to plug in via an RCD adapter and guaranteed no earth loops.

It's similar to these: http://www.olson.co.uk/vert_rack_units.htm