Why become a member? ×

New pedals from EHX

1976fenderhead

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1390306945' post='2343747']
Blimey, how many overdrives???
[/quote]

:D True, they're going a bit crazy.

I didn't know they had a bass wah, I wonder if it sucks tone when bypassed like my 105q. I hate that design though, and that tilt forward to switch on idea, that's exactly when I'd lose my balance and fall off stage :P

[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1390317866' post='2343969']
Slammi looks interesting, but with the news that the new Digitech Bass Whammy is coming out soon, I'll stick with the design I'm used to...
[/quote]

Same here, new Bass Whammy all the way! :)

Even though you can buy a "cradle" for the Slammi (which sort of defeats the point...) I don't imagine the quirky design will appeal to anyone with a pedalboard! Bass-players aside as well (sorry!), even the Whammy V can be had for only a little more and it's a lot more versatile!

[quote name='1976fenderhead' timestamp='1390307707' post='2343765']
that's exactly when I'd lose my balance and fall off stage :P
[/quote]

Definitely! After a few pints it'd be a nightmare! ;)

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1390318530' post='2343979']
Same here, new Bass Whammy all the way! :)

Even though you can buy a "cradle" for the Slammi (which sort of defeats the point...) I don't imagine the quirky design will appeal to anyone with a pedalboard! Bass-players aside as well (sorry!), even the Whammy V can be had for only a little more and it's a lot more versatile!

[/quote]

Yep, not a big fan of loose pedals. Plus the fact that the Whammy V is built like a tank - expecting the same from the Bass model.

[quote name='iamtheelvy' timestamp='1390318721' post='2343985']
Yep, not a big fan of loose pedals. Plus the fact that the Whammy V is built like a tank - expecting the same from the Bass model.
[/quote]

As someone who is thinking moving on from my "built like a tank" Morley, the idea of solid build and no moving parts is defiantly worth a look.

I have a nano hot tubes, and the nano glove is in my gas list. Both sound great with bass. The glove is a gorgeous drive, and the tubes is a lovely fuzzy drive.
I have also picked up a bass wah, which sounds lovely, but has yet to stun me in a mix. I keep trying though ;)
I do have to say that I'm a fussy bugger when it comes to wah.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' timestamp='1390516628' post='2346447']
Oh look a dozen more overdrives, definitely a pedal that the market doesn't have enough of.

Where is my programmable Bass Micro Synth and my programmable ADSR envelope generator? Do they still have an R&D department at EHX?
[/quote]

Oooh, yeah a programmable Synth would be awesome! Relieve some of that Deep Impact GAS (for a while at least...).