Why become a member? ×

thinking of selling my Hartke and trying Genz Benz

clashcityrocker

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1390212271' post='2342544']
Horses for courses, I reckon.

I tried a Shuttle 6 something, amongst others, when I was last looking at amps, and ended up buying an LH500.
[/quote]

Spot on
I did the opposite :-)
Sold an LH500 and bought a Shuttle 9.2 - suits me much better although the LH500 was still a great amp.

if lots of bass is your thing then the streamliner will fit the bill.ive used my streamliner every weekend for almost two years now and never had a problem.it did take me a while to find my sound it wasn't straight forward.and with the offers they have on genz gear atm theres no better time to buy.but if you can try them first

Edited by bobbytodd

When I bought my Genz Streamliner I also tried Hattie stuff. Found the streamliner to be more organic! sounding with my G&L L2000, especially on the neck pickup. The tone bloody sounds like it's coming from a wooden instrument.....ah, it is. I have a focus 210 cab and if you got two, you'd have a modular 410. As someone said above...there are cracking deals at the moment, check out bassdirect for their Rig deals. Liked the Hartke sound too mind.

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1390253221' post='2343269']
Hmm...just seen your other post. Are you thinking of changing cabs, amp or both ?

What do you feel's missing from your current setup ?

[/quote]
I guess it's wondering if there is another amp that would sound better for me.unfortunately it's not like basses that can,and will,be brought tried and sold if not suited. Amps are really difficult to try,especially in band situations. I'll a proper play with the eq tomorrow, it's normally pretty flat as I use an active bass, using my passive jazz tomorrow so il have a play
Thanks

[quote name='Graham' timestamp='1390247069' post='2343162']
Maybe try a change of cab if weight isn't the main factor in your decision? I found Ampeg cabs worked particularly well with Hartke heads.
[/quote]

I found the opposite. All I got was mud, and clack from the tweeter.

[quote name='clashcityrocker' timestamp='1390288682' post='2343517']
I'll a proper play with the eq tomorrow, it's normally pretty flat [/quote]

From memory, the Hartke amps use a Fender tonestack. So (I'm sure you're already aware) that "flat EQ" is somewhere about 2,10,2 (B,M,T) on your Bass, mids and treble knobs.

Edited by hamfist

I went from using Hartke heads for many years, to a Streamliner. I now have an amazing rich valve tone and way more low end on tap than I ever had before. (I was using Ashdown cabs which did the job just fine, but in the past year I've moved to Bergs, and they're stunning with my Streamliner.) You really need to try a few Genz amps out, you have to hear them in the flesh. The Shuttles are fab too, I just prefered the simpler Streamliner myself, but try them both out if you can. I suggest a visit to Bass Direct. And, the prices are a steal at the mo....